Vaccination

We both had our first vaccines yesterday - AZ given by our MT. He is allowing himself 3 hours every day, and can give 11 doses/ day (15 minutes for each person, questionnaire, quick examination, jab (quickest bit), paperwork/certificate, usual chat…). No reaction, not even a sore arm but OH has had a bad headache :confused:

1 Like

No, we’re still getting over 90s turning up for their first jabs. The logistics of getting these people through the system are a nightmare, many of them have only now got into the process because their local Mairie has got involved. Our village has arranged minibus trips on several days for them, I recently dealt with the Maire of another village who had his own personal car full of old people.

All well and good giving priority but it’s holding up everyone else waiting while this is finished.

That shouldn’t really be holding up others now? Government statement a bit ago said “ Depuis le 16 avril 2021, les personnes de 60 à 69 ans et plus bénéficient de l’extension de la campagne vaccinale par Pfizer et Moderna en centre de vaccination.” And on 9th April they put in place extra measures to round up the older people and jab them.

Judging by what was going on at the centre I went to yesterday, they must have been rounding people up quite seriously - there were ambulances outside with (barely) walking elderly people and even someone brought in on a stretcher!

1 Like

Are you sure they were capable of giving informed consent?

The ones I tried talking to were but I can’t speak for all of them, obviously.