Vaccine war reality

I would imagine that after four years attempting to deal with the fucknuggets that comprise the British government, the EU had a parenting moment.

You know, the one where the toddler has thrown its broccoli on the floor for the umpteenth time and asked ‘Why?’ - and you are incapable of any response other than ‘Because I bloody told you to…’

Just a thought.

21 Likes

How odd to base this decision on individual political events - some of which such as fishing would not have happened had the UK not decided to leave the EU. Both countries have similar capitalist systems, and although France has some big negatives that made me hesitate before deciding to move (such as police attitudes) in terms of my list of priorities it won hands down.

But then perhaps better to realise now that you have a fundamental problem with France than in several years time. Hope unpicking health cover, reregistering with NHS, changing your tax status, car registration and all that is not too convoluted. Bon Voyage - perhaps you are the case study @cat is looking for?

(Vaccines performance is good in UK, but still a bit patchy, so you may have to wait a bit longer than 2 weeks)

3 Likes

Now Phil, where was I?

Oh yes. Unusually, I’ve rather a lot on at the moment so I only had time for a quick peruse of the contract, but since it’s so short I presume you’ve read it thoroughly.

My first observations are:

When the contract was signed isn’t relevant to the delivery schedule.

When the vaccine was approved isn’t relevant to the delivery schedule.

Early execution of the above would not give the UK first dibs on vaccine production.

Section 5.4 is clear on production from all European facilities (and even potentially others World wide) being used to fulfil the contract. It can’t be claimed that UK production is for the UK alone. In fact it expressly states that for the purpose of this contract the UK plants are defined as being within the EU. Why would it make that statement if UK production was destined for the UK alone? So taking the total “EU” manufacturing capacity and favouring one customer over another based on geography could hardly be considered as “Best Reasonable Efforts” (as defined in clause 1.9).

I’d be delighted to hear your views Phil, preferably point me to the clauses in the contract that support your comments. I may have missed them. I’d also be interested to anything supporting your statement on the opinion of the

From my perspective, the amusing thing here is that it’s the UK who has hijacked production (and BTW has also sneakily controlled the export other drugs according to a link posted by Fleur) but due to its cack handed handling of the matter, it is the EU that looks like the “bad guy”. That being said, I have no doubt there will be serious ramifications should AZ not fulfil their commitments.

Now, moving on to a happier topic.

I think this is a real win-win. For you and for France :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

No, I just thought it suited the tone of the original post Peter :joy:

Excellent, love it!

1 Like

You also use it to describe fucknuggety behaviour for example, or my personal favourite - a whole load of fucknuggetry.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

And fucknuggetery I guess has the same quality standards as McNuggets…? Chlorinated versions available for US citizens.

2 Likes

Love it - going to add it to my vocabulary!

2 Likes

Sounds rather like obscene language to me, so I would be cautious about using such language in public in England. Section 28, Town Police Clauses Act 1847 refers.

2 Likes

I think you may be getting confused @Robert_Hodge McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets weren’t about in 1847.

The McMutton Tripple Stack and McGrouse Patty were however very popular back then.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Have you seen the film “The King’s Speech”?
Brilliant film (I watched it in France).
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck…
and by all accounts a correct account of King George VI
Some people need to get a life :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well we all have different personal views of course, but my own view is that there is sufficient breadth in the English language to facilitate the expression of one’s views and feelings without resorting to words that others may find offensive. Obscene and profane language may have their place in privacy, but in the street or other public place or forum, I feel that such language is both unnecessary and inappropriate.
If being a supporter of the cautionary interjection of “Mind your language. There are ladies present.” is considered to be old fashioned these days, then I shall have to plead as being guilty as charged.

3 Likes

I think you may find that section five of the Public Order Act 1986 has superseded the Town Police Clauses Act Of course if you want to go with common law there’s always good old Breach of the Peace

1 Like

Some people are just fucknuggets and that is all I have to say on the subject :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No response to my post Phil? I guess you’re a bit of a hit and run merchant? :wink:

But when you do get around to it, could ask your

to comment in this…

1 Like

Hummm the worst I ever heard my mother say was “damn”. I was gutted, such a pure thing to utter such a terrible expletive :grin:

Surely, whatever the law, it’s a contextual thing (like SF in a way).
If I understand the social rules correctly, I can say that cat is a fuckwit but not call her one… (I don’t think she is btw, just to be clear) :wink:

You’d be safer to say that my comments sound like those of a fuckwit… :slight_smile:

Or even better, sound like those likely to be made by a fuckwit.

(Spot the lawyer’s daughter…!)

1 Like

Anyway, this thread has now inspired me to go and research Debra Morgan’s expletives.

(For those who don’t know , Debra was the lead female character in the modern televisual drama series ‘Dexter’ and source of many inspirational new words such as fucknuggets.)

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem at all with the first sentence. Adding the second, however, renders the whole thing powerfully emetic.

5 Likes

Every government has made mistakes the UK and Europe including the EU. Friday was a complete fiasco. That’s why so many European countries also voiced their concerns to the commission. Unfortunately a lot of trust has been lost for the EU Commission by the UK and several other European countries, including the USA.

Macron is running at less than 35% in the polls with Le Penn gaining ground. He is very unpopular indeed with the french, certainly in northern France would leave the EU if it wasn’t for the fear of huge price hikes in the cost of living.

France has always been secular, so it not a surprise that Macron has been acting tough over fisheries. He needs the french to see him as fighting for them. Unfortunately it’s all backfiring on him and hes just digging a bigger hole. Hes well on his way to loosing the election in 2022 before its started.

This whole saga over Ireland is political point scoring by the EU commission because as usual, everything is drowning in red tap. Nothing new there. Administration has always been a nightmare here. This time it was handled very bad indeed and the EU showed its ugly side.

It is what it is. I’m happy living here but I don’t have to agree with the EU commissions terrible behaviour any more than many french and other Europeans do.

1 Like