Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations Sought

Because I am very hard on vacuum cleaners with all the renovation work we do I use Klarstein wet and dry for all our DIY, amazing suction and I haven’t been able to kill one yet, while our Mielle lasted 3 years before it died.
I even use them to clean our gutters out with a hose extension :yum::laughing:

71sVaEsIVJL.AC_SX425

1 Like

Yes right tool for the right job, great for diy but not HEPA so regular cleaning just blast fine dust around the building. That why a “builder” clean is not a “sparkle clean”

That’s why I don’t usually use it in the house, in saying that our outside doors are basically open all day from April to November so our house gets dusty anyway, so a HEPA filter is pointless with us.
I suspect quite a few of us on here are the same :yum::wink:

that’s my excuse for not hoovering… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing: We have found a big difference having magnetic fly screens on the door openings this last few years, it stops the worst of the dust from blowing in, plus the flies.

We have one of these…Henrietta, the latest version, super efficient and cheap to run,

But what to do when the visa runs out? :thinking:

1 Like

My OH has one of those… but I don’t wear the apron anymore :rofl:

1 Like

We have a bagless Electrolux Ultraflex Green. It’s the best vacuum we’ve had. It’s easy to see when to empty it and easy to empty. It has a 12m flat cord which always goes smoothly back into the machine. There’s a washable foam filter and a long life motor filter. If the vac gets hot or sounds blocked you can take it apart very easily to find the guilty article, and it goes back together easily too. I would say the only negative is that it is a bit heavy to carry upstairs (around 5kg).

Thank you, my son used to repair and service all kinds of equipment as part of his electrical apprenticeship and said the Henry’s where always the best as only ever needed a once over not like others always in for repairs, we have had our one for about twenty years and I’ve used it for hoovering all sorts including building rubble,

1 Like

You can even buy just the motor brushes when they wear out and not the whole motor assembly etc.

The very best value for money and long lasting vacuum cleaner is a VAX AIR
Used in the house, car, tack room, stables . . . does everything really well & easy to clean.

Crikey it must be good :poop: :rofl:

I own both aHenry and a Siemens. Loathe the Henry: it steers like a pig and has no thought put into the attachments so they stick or don’t wind up. But I love the Siemens, which is now my third. It’s light to pull around, really tough (one that I own is 23 years old and still fully functional), surprisingly quiet and does a really good job on all surfaces.

Hi

I am an absolute advocate of products by Earlex. I have a vacume that i have had for over 20 years, done three house renovations with it, use it as a dust extractor for tools, have dust extracted a whole semi detached house when pointing it and clearing the joints cleaned out hundred yoear old lofts. its light and bombproof. Earlex do all replacemen parts upgrades extra long hoses I have 2 and can use it up to 8 meters away. I upgraded it with an wxternal kit for leaves etc, and a wet and dry filter for water removal. You can use it with their fine dust bags. comes with a carpet tool and nozzle 2 pipes and a 1m hose i imediatly bought the 4m hose. You have to buy the hoover from a supp;ier they do 2 now 1000w and a 1200w with tool socket on it the latter is more stable on the ground. All other parts you can get direct or from Amazon. Only down side is its a bit noisy which is why i bought the longer hoses. Since buying this we now have just about all the products they make.