Validating Visa

Hello, I just joined Survive France looking for help validating my visa. On the gouv.fr site where you input data, after (2) Additional Information , when I click on “envoyer un code de veripication” , I get the message
“ The information you have entered is incorrect.” I find no explanation, or help offered. Tried my prefecture and they don’t do rdv for visitors visa, and their phone help line is always “ overloaded, please try again later. The maire refers me back to the prefecture.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Survive France.

Are you using the ‘translate’ option on your internet browser? Doing so often causes websites (particularly government or financial) websites to reject data that you’ve entered.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried using both their French and English pages with the same result. I have searched the discussions on the Survive France site and don’t see any others that have had this particular problem.

Suggest you delete cookies, perhaps try a different browser as well, and re enter everything carefully again. Some systems don’t identify which field they’re unhappy with, just reject the whole entry.

If you’re confident after that, that you’ve entered everything as they would expect (eg date formats, error messages may be lacking), then if your mairie can’t help I’d suggest you find your nearest branch of France Services and go there with pc/mobile and all documents and ask them to help.

btw if you’re doing it on a phone try desktop mode, and landscape (with the phone set to let it rotate to landscape in Paramètres/Settings) as well as some forms are stunningly badly designed. Also scroll in all directions on pc to make sure you see everything.

2 Likes

Hello @mac . I am also going through application process for 2024 having successfully applied in 2023. Appointment booked for later this month.

What a chore it is!

This site gives an extremely thorough and understandable guide through the entire process.

If you still struggle, can you go through this 180 day guide and let me know at which point you are getting that message please?

Graeme

I arrived in France three weeks ago with reasonable French. On day 2 I hit a snag while validating my VLS-TS online. It asked which clause of the law my visé fell under ( choice of two) and the help pop out pointed to the place to find it on your visa. The problem is they’ve redesigned the visa and that info is no longer there.
Fortunately for me my organisation’s accountant was in the office and found the relevant clauses on the internet.
Just a heads up.