Variant Omicron & Others

PANIC
Maybe if they had called something else it wouldn’t sound so terrifying

The snuggles variant? :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s interesting - I wonder whether ours will be… (if it is, it will save my daft partner from his commitment to help on the crepe stall. He can’t add up or subtract in his head :roll_eyes: )

More information here:

Each sub-heading opens up… it’s all very interesting and informative (I reckon…)

5 Likes

well, that’s made me smile… and I needed that lift… it’s been a long, trying day… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve also noticed that it’s mis-spelled. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sorry it’s been a tough day Stella.

1 Like

My sister-in-law is a Jo’burg based research pharmacist and she told us something similar last weekend.

However an unfortunate consequence of SA having the best medical labs and testing services on the continent and rapidly informing the world of this new strain has been that the country has been hit by the collapse of international tourism at the start of the peak summer / Chrismas period, it’s not just hotels and restos that will be hard hit, butcrafts people, game parks and related conservation projects . Millions of already precarious livelihoods will be further threatened and there’s no chance of a rebound for nearly a year.

The rand was already in poor shape and this will drive it down further. There was an article in yesterday’s NY Times arguing that northern countries should provide some economic support for SA as otherwise there is no incentive for global south countries to act in the common interest by reporting new strains.

4 Likes

Still no need to panic… vaccinate… mask up… gel up… distance… and get on with life… carefully.

However capitalists know how to kick someone when they are down and maximise their pain. Hence why starting new panic is financially advantageous.

2 Likes

Who’s panicking… ??

“Malgré le variant Omicron, notre stratégie actuelle reste inchangée”

Despite the Omicron variant, our current strategy remains unchanged…

So would you suggest it’s a good time to buy ZA Rand?

We’ve got plenty to sell!

I’ll get my wheel barrow.

2 Likes

All calm here too, as usual the media are stirring it up, bombarding people.

2 Likes

No panic here either. This concrete bunker is getting a bit chilly though…

6 Likes

:yum::wink::laughing:

8 Likes

France is now demanding 24h (unvaccinated) or 48h (vaccinated) tests for arriving in France from outside the EU. Because lets face it no one inside the EU has Omicron hahaha :joy:

It already has the correct alternative name
Moronic

1 Like