Veggie Challenge Recipe's

Some of you may have noticed the Veggie Challenge on the general forum. Im not sure where to put the recipes, but have been requested to put a mushroom pate recipe in this section...if it needs moving please let me know how to do it and I will happily comply.

This recipe uses American measurements - one quarter cup is equal to 4 tablespoons

Mushroom Pate

4 tablespoons butter
16 ounces mushrooms (best if a mix of chestnut, shitake, dried mushrooms are used)
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup vegetable stock
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup spring onions chopped

In a food processor chop mushrooms, garlic and spring onions. Melt 2 tbsp butter and add chopped items. Fry till soft. Add chicken stock and cook on high till all the liquid has evaporated. Combine cream cheese and 2 tbsp butter in food processor. Add mushroom mixture and process till combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Put in container and refrigerate till ready to serve.

Hi Carol,

I did put the recipe in the list of recipes. But it is a link to this discussion with the recipe on top. If you wanted to write the recipe again you could repost it here with the conversions you wrote out and I would edit the link.

It sounds good (and familiar :) ) is it from the Moosewood Cookbook by chance?

I cannot edit your recipe myself to add the conversions, but anyone reading the comments would see them.
It is up to you.

Very yum !

Mary

Ok for the butter.

The flour should be: 1 cup sifted flour : 115 grams flour.

If the flour is non sifted it should read: 1 cup flour: 140 grams flour.

Normally I can add your recipe in as a http:// link. I will see if this is possible to do via your previous posting of the article. If it is not possible , I will let you know.

Thanks , Mary

Thank you Mary! havent listed any recipe's before...is there is simple way of doing it please? Also can you amend the measurement conversion....it should read....

1 level tablespoon butter = 15g butter

1 cup flour = 115g flour

If they use the measurement conversion I put above they will have a very weird pate! thankyou...

I’ll make sure it goes on the list with the recipes. I assume it is a typical pâté and you smear it on bread?
Looks very good and a great vegetarian substitute for meat based pâté!