Vehicle de Collection

I cycled through a nearby village only a few days ago and noticed that the door had blown off an old barn at the roadside. Inside it, a bit dusty but otherwise looking pretty good was a Daf.

Are you similarly asking Norman to amend his post?

1 Like

How would you prefer his post to read ???

I really do not mind Stella. I was making a point. As often on these forums things get blown out of proportion. I used the ‘b’ word simply as a mimic. I do not feel that my reply to you was ‘rude’ in any event and I subsequently explained myself.
Please act as you see fit.

Frankly,

I agree… and your reaction to my post about 5 year CT’s definitely came under that description in my opinion… and I replied with a little humour and a brief explanation …

Norman’s post was (in my understanding) a reaction to your reaction… and he does have every right to give his opinion… even if you do not like him doing so…

I’ve asked you to edit your post about Norman Clark…

5 Likes

Haha!! On this thread mostly by you!

1 Like

Well it seems that as I see things differently I have no option but to leave the forum. Thank you.

1 Like

Perhaps as you will now have more time on your hands you could take up Yoga or breathing exercises … just saying :joy:

1 Like

No. You inferred, she may have implied.
There’s no need to flounce off :grinning:.

1 Like

You’re not serious? :laughing: :laughing: You have a mild and innocuous disagreement and then decide to flounce off. The words toys and pram spring to mind.

2 Likes

I hope the door doesn’t hit you on your bum on the way out

2 Likes

Please may I just say… the five-year CT spread for Classics is not always an advantage.

It has been found that , since classics were given the 5 year CT gap… some folk do forget/overlook things. In the past… the 2 year CT would highlight stuff and it would be dealt with… no probs… but 5 years between checking… mmm… that has caught some on the hop.

Ghastly enough to have a traffic accident, without finding out that xxxx was not up to scratch/wrong/faulty…whatever…

I was not lecturing on morals or road safety… merely offering a different viewpoint.
In fact, many Classic owners do have their cars checked every couple of years… on a voluntary basis… great idea. The perceived financial gain of only doing CT every 5 years should not come into the equation (in my view) when considering the viability of a Classic… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I got the impression the OpP wanted to hear what he wanted to hear

Mmmm… let’s leave it at that… :upside_down_face:

There is information on this thread which is useful to anyone thinking of taking on a Classic… :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Shame he’s gone - I could have told him exactly to the centime!

1 Like

He’s not gone… he’s lurking… :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

You have every right to give your opinion… as does everyone else… it is the manner of so doing which often causes a hiccup…

Generally, most folk manage to post on the forum within the guidelines and, if overstepped, generally do change the odd word here and there… makes for gentle flow without causing offence to anyone… :upside_down_face: :relaxed: :relaxed:

of course, some folk do include what might be termed inflammatory-phrases… perhaps included to deliberately provoke a knee-jerk reaction… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Would you mind having another go in English?

I did not ‘flounce off’ but rather left the forum to calm down. It was never my intention to cause offence and I have withdrawn the offending comment.
Its unfortunate that Mark Rimmer was not around at the time as he would have been able to answer my simple question and all this grief would have been avoided. No, Edward Roberts, I did not hear what I wanted to hear. That was the problem.
I never considered myself to be a ‘troublesome member’ but its interesting to hear what folk truly think when you’re not around.

Na yah english is fine mate - me i uderstud evryfink-i recon he dont rate the - - 's much - miht be more proper using those funny fings like - , . ; : ! eceter b4
Grammatikpolizei gets ol’d of yer?