Veolia SUEZ

Had an email today from a company called SUEZ saying i needed to pay a facture for water, having had a good look around and it would appear that Veolia bough a huge share holding in this company, i am being asked to create an account with them, not sure if i dont have an account that i can owe them money, any one else had the same email.

When our water supplier was changed (by the Mairie) everything was done automatically and we didn’t have to do anything…
Plus we were advised in advance that Bills would now be coming from blah blah blah…

I suggest you speak with your Mairie… and perhaps neighbours as well… someone must know what’s going on… if it is kosher :wink:

don’t do anything with SUEZ right now… make enquiries first…
EDIT: Veolia say they never send SMS or E-mail asking for bank informaton/personal information… and they warn against anyone who does … !!
so do be very careful…

1 Like

Didn’t SUEZ supply piped gas years ago? Anything official would come via an official letter if this is a new supplier so I would not do anything. Véolia got the contract here for the whole agglo this year and the main mairie in town sent a letter to every household explaining this and that we were not to do anything as it was being done automatically and indeed, my monthly payment was a week late coming out but was under the new title on my bank statement.

2 Likes

You might try putting a chunk of the text into a search engine - Google would probably be best - enclosed by inverted commas, to see if it gets many hits and/or is believed to be a scam.

Did the email have any of the usual scam hallmarks (not addressed to you by name, poor French, suspicious sender address)?

Porridge no its not a scam it would appear letters are being posted out but as yet not to me, just dont like it when i am asked for money, and it does not clearly say what they want me to pay for.

Sounds like they want your bank details for monthly payments which is the norm these days. As said do nothing and give nothing away, they will soon either give up or officially contact you.

:frowning: :frowning: "it does not clearly say what they want me to pay for… "

That, in itself, would have me putting it on the “ignore” pile… :+1:

wait until you get the official letter and the official Bill…

( any idea why your letter has not yet been posted out… ??? be interested to know who blithely said this… :wink: )

which Department are you in ???

We live in the Creuse, it has all my details on the email account number and the meter number as well.

It’s not the official Bill though, is it ???

Have you spoken with someone at your Mairie… ???

When all is said and done… it’s up to you to decide how to act… so do whatever you feel comfortable with.

best of luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like