Village house for sale in Lot et Garonne, €151,100 negotiable

Historic bastide with shops and restaurants. Great holiday area. Traditional renovated 2 storey house with 2/3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and separate toilet. Large living /dining room with modern kitchen. Electrics rewired in 2012. New double glazing. Garden of 500sq metres. Swimming pool and outside storage. Close to all amenities. 10 minutes to A62 motorway. Most furniture can be included in sale. Large satellite dish for UK tv. Large parking area with possible planning included in sale. Contact me directly on +33 626 930633 or through the agent. https://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/1667143078.htm/

Hi Michael

Your house looks lovely. Hope it sells without too much delay.

Where do you plan to move to next ???

Hi Stella.

We have some plans for a different town in France but don’t want to say too much yet. This area is lovely and we won’t be leaving it.

The main reason for selling is to downsize; smaller garden, one storey house. We also have a motorhome and want to travel more.

1 Like

I presume you’ve researched what else is available in your area that’s similar in order to set your price? It seems quite expensive for a 2 bed, 110m2 house with a small garden.

Hello. we actually have a third bedroom but as we are using it as an office/storeroom the agent didn’t list it. We are inside the walls of probably the best preserved bastide in SW France and our outer wall is almost 800 years old. There is always a demand for properties here and we are competitively priced. By village standards we have one of the largest gardens. Within 100 metres there are 2 bar/restaurants, 2 grocery/delicatessens, baker, newsagent, haidresser and other businesses in walking distance. We’re also including a small site laid out for parking but with the possibility of building permission. As a holiday home it’s low maintenance and for fulltime residence a great location.

2 Likes

That’s great…hopefully the agent will make an effort to emphasise the plus points.

It is worth checking how much houses nearby have actually sold for (not just asking price).

See here:

https://app.dvf.etalab.gouv.fr/

2 Likes

That’s a great site, Mat, I’ll have hours of fun searching around it. x

1 Like

That’s a great site to look up what has been sold in the area but it does not tell you anything about the condition of a building or the “kerb appeal”. Our price appears to be in line with what has been achieved by comparable houses. There is a shortage of quality for sale in Vianne and there is a demand for the right property. What we are finding out from those coming to view is that one persons deal breaker is different from anothers. Some people like wood fires, some only want central heating. Even though we have a small garage and also a large parking area within 20 metres of the entrance some people want to park directly outside. We’ll see how we get on. There’s a buyer for every house. It’s early days.

1 Like

Ooh vianne! Happy memories of the night markets. And James still has nightmares about reversing a horse trailer over that bridge. We used to live just up the road!

Hi Catharine. We visited your house before buying in Vianne. Night markets finished last week for the winter. Restaurants are still busy with great food.

Again, I haven’t yet checked stats, but numbers are growing, of people who see the life of traveller in a new light. Human species having been obliged to shift around the planet, in vast numbers, in the past. Certainly numbers must be about to expand.
I think investment in homes on wheels, might be a good idea.
I’m looking into micro homes towable by e-bike. And yes, there are already some brilliant ideas. (Solar powered ebikes …still room for improvement).

In xaintrailles or feugarolles?

Sorry Catharine, in Xaintrailles.

Sorry I don’t remember!