Virtual Excise Tax Stamp for long-stay visa - where to buy?

My long-stay visa requires me to sign in to a web site so as to pay 200 euros. However the instructions say to go to a TABAC and buy a virtual excise tax stamp - (a code to type into the website).

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to find a TABAC that has even heard about this virtual excise tax stamp.

How did you all deal with this?

thanks, Leslie

Hi @queezie and welcome to the forum…

Ask your neighbours/Mairie etc which Tabacs are equipped with the necessary gadgetry…
I am surprised that none of the Tabacs you’ve tried have heard of this payment method…
It’s possible your French language skills have been misunderstood… or else you’ve struck unlucky so far…

Do be sure to buy the correct stamp, as participating Tabacs sell a wide variety … you don’t want to waste your money on the wrong thing…

1 Like

You ask for a timbre fiscal in a biggish tabac, that should sort it.

Edited: timbre fiscal dématérialisé

https://www.economie.gouv.fr/particuliers/timbre-fiscal#

Yes, lost in translation I think. The tabacs that have a baguette outside (a red sort of cigar shaped sign) will sell timbres fiscal.

Thank you all for your help!

I understand now that part of my problem was that the system wasn’t working correctly, and then yesterday is was down most of the day.

But before I went to bed, I tried one last time, and finally had success! I am very happy about that because I really love being in Strasbourg and I love almost everything about living in france.

1 Like