Visa Start date

Our successful visas officially start on 19th October 2022 for one year (need to be verified within three months). I think I have understood all of that correctly but was wondering now, does that date of 19th October have to be adhered to strictly? With our house sale going through ok (seemingly) it would make sense to delay our arrival for 4 weeks. We were discussing if maybe one of us goes to France (me!!!) and other half hangs around a bit longer to tie up loose ends. Can anybody foresee any problem with this? I have searched the web before asking, but cannot see anything about the sticking to the date quoted… Thank you.

As no one has replied I will give it a go. I assume you cannot use the visa before the 19 October but more importantly you must leave on its anniversary October 2023 or come to another arrangement

1 Like

must confess, I thought someone would join in…
you’ve echoed my own feelings… NOT before… and best get things moving re “permanency” asap after you arrive… don’t delay… and, yes… don’t overstay

thank you both… I was going along those lines too… again, thank you.

1 Like

when I say “don’t overstay”… provided you’ve applied for permanency in good time you can follow the guidelines given … best of luck

if you don’t apply for permanency… you’ll need to get out before the visa expires

yes, will do… I would do it now if I could. I have checked out the website and it is allowing me to put in a date in advance and then I chickened out - something could go wrong to prevent us travelling on that day etc, so I shall do it the day I arrive… Whilst writing on this subject… it all seems incredibly easy… Just pay your money, download passport and a couple of other bits and it seems that’s it… or is there something after that I don’t know about… an interview etc? I just cannot wait for the day when I am in a position to give well thought out advice on all of these subjects!!!

2 Likes