"warning signal to us to have a healthy diet"

Perhaps you will have seen this link already… if not, you might well find it interesting and more than a little alarming…

Have you checked lately… just how much processed food you get through

How can we/should we improve our diet… ???

If you could collate every story about foodstuffs that may be bad for us published in recent years, I reckon you’d find that it would be safer not to eat anything!
That would of course be fatal…
Eating a varied diet is about all you can do really…not to excess…no smoking…and definitely no claiming that red wine counts towards your 5 a day. It’s beginning to sound rather boring…
I’m certainly not alarmed. They’ll be a new scare story next week.

Ha ha Chris… well, I was pleased that the lady said it is OK to eat bread …

Out of interest, I have taken note of just how many jars and tins of processed food I have on the shelves of my larder. Trouble is, I buy when 3 for 2 is on… and then they sit there …calling to me…

Mmmm… all things in moderation…yes, that’s OK… but I shall make a serious effort to concentrate on home-made stuff and leave the quick-fix stuff on the shelf. Trouble is, when you are tired… and hungry… opening a tin/jar is just too easy… :zipper_mouth_face:

Being overweight seems to be the biggest problem, and if you go back to the UK you can see how serious a problem it’s become. When we first had holidays in France around 20 years ago it was rare to see anyone you could class as obese. Now it’s changed, perhaps because of the proliferation of fast food outlets and the availability of ready meals etc.

My thoughts on this as usual will come from a canine perspective as an adverse vaccine reaction in a litter of puppies many years ago caused me to question…not to mention the now completely vindicated research by Andrew Wakefield who first questioned the MMR and caused me to personally
question the MMR many moons ago…anyway back to this article…although the human digestive system and the canine digestive system are incomparable in that we as humans cannot eat raw meat and bones…the research by Rodney Habib into the truth about cancer cannot be ignored…the cancer marker is homocysteine…the study was raw fed dogs fed kibble (equivalent of human junk food) for a week…kibble fed dogs fed raw for a week…and a third control group…In the kibble fed group after the introduction of raw the cancer marker homocysteine was significantly reduced…All cancer thrives on sugar…In dogs the amount of sugar in a bag of kibble is outrageous yet vets will happily prescribe a costly veterinary prescription diet as opposed to a natural diet of biologically appropriate raw meat and bone…Human or animal the cancer marker homocysteine remains the same…cut out the highly processed carcinogenic ready made crap for humans and highly processed carcinogenic kibble for dogs…In dogs even the introduction of a little raw meat and bone substantially reduces the homocysteine cancer marker in their bloodstreams…