Water shortages

Anyone affected by this?

Close, but not there yet. Our commune is having water pumped in from neighbouring commune.

I am surprised at he BBC’s report that 93 regions in France are suffering from water shortages, given that there are only 13 regions in total…

Aren’t there only that many departments in total? :rofl:

96 I think plus 5{?} overseas…

1 Like

https://www.ouest-france.fr/meteo/secheresse/secheresse-plus-de-100-communes-sans-eau-potable-en-france-dae04352-14ab-11ed-97a4-c5b726af28ec

having looked at the meteo for the next 2 weeks… I suspect more communes will find themselves in grave difficulties…

Meanwhile, we do what we can to preserve what we have…

1 Like

If a British news site used the word “department” it wouldn’t mean much to most British people/English speakers. Region is perhaps an unfortunate choice when maybe “area” would have been better to avoid confusion.
Izzy x

Indeed, Izzy. I know that the BBC’s reputation is not what it once was but I do expect their News team to use words accurately.

2 Likes

Frankly, I prefer to read French Newspapers about France… as I’ve found the English translation and/or understanding can leave a bit to be desired… :wink:

1 Like

Just for you @Stella :grinning:
Izzy x

2 Likes

Haven’t I already put that in the Secheresse thread… :rofl: :rofl: I know I’ve already read it a couple of days ago…

2 Likes

The more the merrier!

1 Like

We’ve got several threads on the go… about weather extremes et al… and, yes, the more the merrier… :+1: it’s interesting to see it going in different directions.

I reckon, any chit-chat which helps to keep us sane… has got to be a good idea… :slight_smile:

1 Like