We are lucky we are in France and the UK

We don’t get the geological extremes that others have in the world get or really get hammered by constant weather extremes other places do, though that looks to be changing.

Fagradalsfjall: Iceland declares emergency over volcano eruption concerns

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/09/europe/supervolcano-campi-flegrei-italy-earthquake-bradyseism-scn/index.html

It’s one factor that made me reluctant to buy a house in Italy or Greece - both have serious earthquake problems.

I used to have a villa in Faro Portugal, it got too hot, we moved up to northern Spain, it got too hot, missed out southern France for the same reason and settled near Le Mans because I knew the area so well.
Now it can’t make up it’s mind whether to be too hot or too wet :laughing:, I will just have to lump it as I’m not moving again :yum:

5 Likes

I’ve gone from warmish in summer to near boiling now, am not moving again! Have you seen all the posh villas on the side of Vesuvious or just under it, wouldn’t want to be living there nor in Sicily either.

1 Like

Same here. I moved from the wonderful city of Valencia - still my fave place to be - because it was getting too hot in summer. I was losing 3 months of my life having to stay indoors with the a/c running.

The expense of that was not onerous but not being able to walk about in daytime without being reduced to a blob of grease was.

Near LeMans… great area… great town…
and the circuit as well… what’s not to like… :wink:

43 years of the 24 hours and Moto GP , the fact that the circuit is close by might have influenced me in my choice :yum::wink:

3 Likes