We are selling but staying in France

After nine happy years living in the Poitou Charentes we have decided to sell up. If anyone is interested in taking over a very successfull gite business, take a look here http://frenchfarmhouseandtwogites.yolasite.com/

We renovated the barn 5 years ago. Originally we had just the one gite which we managed to increase bookings from 7 weeks to 22 in the first year. Within three years we had increased to 28 weeks. Rejecting up to a 100 enquiries for the summer alone we then decided to renovate the barn into two bedrooms both ensuite. It took 18 months to finish (had to wait 13 months just for the electrician to finish his quoted 13 days work) and that year between the two gites managed 42 weeks. Now we are moving on. Basically allthough early 50's and have been very sporty....I have oestorarthritis of the back and spine (have had for 20 years but only 18 months ago diagnosed). The renovation took it's toll on the tennis elbow, shoulder and neck.......so no more renovation either.

What we may do is buy a campervan and tour France and Italy. We came over in a campervan for 6 months while we house hunted. Or we may just buy a house that requires a refurb. I like the Dordogne but know I will be unwell in a damp region. We have another house in the Charente which we originally bought to sell on but 6 years later and just John working on it has delayed our plans.

So if anyone know of nice areas in the Dordogne/Correze/Lot please let us know.

In the four weeks we have placed the house on the market we have had 4 viewings (two want to make another visit) 3 lined up for Easter.......and everyone has been so negative about house sales?

Nice site....have read some of the posts. Must find a decent photo.

Our business site is http://www.le-tilleul.com

Hi Maria, we run a Chambre d hotes in Sornac, Maison Brigoulet, if you need any help looking I can give advise etc as qualified in building and worked in civils until going self employed property maintenance for 12years before moving to France to live just over two years ago, also helping two couples who are moving over from UK with viewings etc in the limousin , is a bit cold in the winter so are you sure it will be ok for you?
Regards, Joe