Web design

Unless there is a lot of discussions then I don't think separate pages are necessary as long as people discipline themselves to add the name of their system in the title.

One thing to be aware of when publishing a site in French is that Google and other search engines to not always "normalise" words with the four main accents in French, a problem further compounded in that not all French users bother with the accents when entering search terms in Google. I don't know what the work-around is for this, but there is help from Google: https://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/search.py?hl=en&query=web+page+in+French&prior=webpage+in+French

Hi Louise. I am using Wordpress for the simple reason is that is what is provided by my hosting company, and I chose the full package for that reason, as my version of Dreamweaver must be 7 or 8 years old, and in any case, didn't bring the disks with me. Maybe you and Steve could come back to me with your opinions on setting up a separate page for each programme? I'll go and check with James that it can be done, and then resources including tips and hints could be posted on the relevant page.

Bilingual sites aren't a problem in Wordpress. You can also add automatic translation into xteen languages if you want.

None of which I have had the courage to do yet, Steve!

I was also thinking of asking the same question as I want to set up a website and am a beginner. I have heard that Wordpress is good. However, I would like to have the website in English and French, is this difficult to do?

Standard vanilla Wordpress must be one of the easiest systems to get used to using. Only becomes difficult when you want to adapt a theme or install some of the more complicated plugins