Website for live flooding / road closures?

I’ve just had a text from CA warning of flooding in and around Perigueux, and the Isle possibily breaking its banks. They have a link to thier site but not much info. I start at 8 in the morning so a 7.15 start but would be nice to check what’s happening as I have to go along and cross the Isle as well as some other small creeks.

Sud Ouest usually has up to date info

1 Like

Do you use google maps? As often people post updates about traffic and closures on it?

2 Likes

Nope, I’m one of the anti Google / FB crowd!!! Good idea though!

Yes, Google Maps is usually very up-to-date and updated live, at least in the UK.

I’m anti lots of things (our boycott list is quite long) but sadly a google pin brings us business so we have given way.

1 Like

Thanks that had a link to a site with all the problems marked.

@vero you should maybe check your route, looks like there are a few your way!

I shall, thank you! Not as bad on the way to/from work today as it was 10 days ago though. But oh yes the D14 is flashing merrily all the way along, they’re not exaggerating.

1 Like

Good to hear, I had 2 lots of water coming home then, in the dark. The 2nd was scary as I was accelerating out of Manzac, then had a car coming at me, turning headlights down, just saw it last second as we both hit the water. Only maybe 30 cm deep but shook me up no end! Will be approaching with caution in the morning!

2 Likes