Wedding this weekend

I was in Action Friday here and next to Halloween stuff was Christmas decorations already. When we first moved to France you never ever saw xmas stuff until December and very very little Halloween stuff too.

1 Like

I am covered with embarrassment, I am normally so keen on proof reading before shooting, but a gremlin got in the way there, and yes of course I got it and won’t go back to edit which would make the joke meaningless. :joy:

2 Likes

Do you get it? Unless you are a crocheter or knitter in secret?? :rofl::rofl:

We’ve already got shops selling tins of, so called, chocolate and boxes of mince pies.

I am not but I do know that:

To tangle or complicate: To twist fibers, threads, or a situation into a confused mass. (Example: “The kitten raveled the yarn.”)

  1. To untangle or unweave: To separate or pull apart knitted or woven threads (often used as ravel out). (Example: “She raveled the old sweater to reuse the wool.”)

  2. To confuse: To make a problem or issue more complex and

Also a link to my old home town and the couple of ice dancers that put it on the map with the help of a French composer. :grinning_face:

www.ravelry.com its an amazing website and community with free and paid patterns for knitting and crochet :rofl::yarn:

2 Likes

Lovely, be as stale as anything before xmas arrives or people eat them now and are sick to the teeth of them before December. R4 earlier was going on about a big winter of hardships due to the Ukraine/Iran/Shortage of some foods due to hot weather so perhaps the shops are trying to sell stuff now and make their xmas profit, who knows but I for one won’t be buying yet

The chocolate usually looks greyish, white and it’s mostly made using palm oil, chocolate it ain’t! If I get choccies for Christmas, I buy some from Hotel Chocolate, it’s good stuff, having said that I’m not a huge chocolate fan and I expect it’ll be very expensive this year, so I’ll likely give it a miss.

Won’t your Fiancée be disappointed ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes, I tend to skip those too :slightly_smiling_face: Saves a fortune on tne presents.

I worked for Léonidas for 13 years in France and know what good chocolate is and never buy rubbish which is mostly synthetic oily stuff

1 Like

I used to look forward to Lidl mince pies in the UK. As good as or better than Fortnum’s. Aldi’s weren’t bad either.

I make my own normally.

3 Likes

So do I Debby. They’re absolutely scrummy with either custard or ice cream. But I don’t go so far as to make Christmas Puddings. I’m afraid I get my friend to bring me back some from Tesco. :pink_heart:

1 Like

I used to, but just stick to a cake and a few mince pies, I love fruit cake so it’s a good excuse :wink:

Hopefully the bride will think differently.

Given that we participated in this decision-making process, I think we all need to know how it went. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol

It went ok, I had a drink for all of you that participated, it helped things along :wink:

6 Likes

I think your future wife would really appreciate it if you did show up.

You’re late to the party (or rather the wedding) see comment 67. :slight_smile: