Weird indications of impending battery failure

Probably quite cool if you could get a V8 in it :joy:

2 Likes

Years ago when driving on the Autobahn, you could always see where a Beemer was by the plume of smoke left behind it. I had a 2002 turbo a whole 3 months before they bought it back, was a great speed mobile but the reliability didnt match the speed. 2 engines and a turbo later they bought it back and i spent the money on a Skoda 130 coupe. Best investment at the time.

1 Like

My wife agrees with you as far as the MX5 is concerned. She has had two and loves them. The trouble is they rust out badly in wheel arches and elsewhere so they had to go. That is why we tried a TT with its galvanized chassis but as my wife isn’t particularly fond of it we will get something else. With six cars already we don’t need it but she likes a convertible so maybe a Saab or even a BMW (despite previous comment) for a change.

I know it must be in this conversation somewhere but a cursory glance hasn’t yielded the info: what is a TT?

Oh so just a sort of Audi :joy:

1 Like

It used to be called the hairdressers version of the Golf/A3 :yum::wink:

1 Like

I know 0 about cars but I assume that is an unflattering description!

Might just need a ladder chassis to.
Oh how we loved Custom Car mag when growing through the teens :wink:

1 Like

Try a Boxster (or Cayman), if I was still in UK and working that is what I would have switched to.

Oh yes. Those fascinating articles about cars with no distracting photos at all :grin:

Go the whole hogg and go for a Jaguar F TYPE, stunning car.

2 Likes

There are some wealthy folk on here.:wink:

1 Like

Aren’t there just! Daren’t mention what I’m driving :smiley:

If it hadn’t been too impractical for me I would have bought one instead of this :wink::yum:

Red is a gorgeous colour on a car…
www.google.com_search_q=fred+flintstone+car&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHBF_frFR906FR907&sxsrf=ALeKk02x3luhYeVtKCvQND7sQncjYC9veQ_1613853388516&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WAUw0HKQmouBzM%2C-TJkiT3CMHCRCM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_

2 Likes

Yabba dabba doo !!!

Battery failure for Fred… was when he was too tired to keep running… :rofl: :rofl: unless he could coast downhill…

Drive up to Finland regularly, change my battery every two years, two years is the maximum for a battery !!!

That’s interesting, the reason?