What a failure

I was listening on R4 PM to some US carrier group naval types , including an admiral who IMO would be more at home on HMS Pinafore, trying to explain why despite being up to theirs necks with planes, technology and bombs, the Houthis are kicking their arse.

The US has learnt nothing over the last fifty years… you can’t beat people into submission

Saigon-hubert-van-es

No wonder Putin and Xi Jinping are laughing at the West.

Meanwhile US supported IDF snipers shoot, and aircraft bomb and soldiers abuse starving women and children in Gaza. Because the murdering, religious, rightwing zealots in Israel also don’t know you can’t beat people into submission.

And if anybody should understand that, shouldn’t it Jewish people.

1 Like

Do you think Putin’s full scale attack on Ukraine has been a success for Russia?

It depends who you ask. James O’Brien had a couple of interesting callers to his show yesterday.

One guy, who was British but living in Moscow, explained how it’s seen by the Russians. Despite having access to international news channels via VPNs, many Russians believed it was going successfully (he also mentioned how people he knew over there watched GBNews which explained a lot).

The more interesting caller, however, was a lady who explained that she has a Russian friend who lives in the UK and has access to all the same news sources as everyone else. Despite this, she’s convinced things were going positively for Russia.

But did either of them think it was justified, and why?

No a disaster, but, as @Gareth points out, it’s probably been a success for Putin domestically, despite so many Russian deaths.

To take it a stage further, while we might say that’s because of Putin’s domestic propaganda machine, we too are being fed twaddle, about that conflict, about Gaza and indeed about every conflict. The Israelis are lying threw their teeth as they slaughter innocents and, as I’ve stated as nauseam :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, I believe that starting with Bush jr the West (read US) pushed mad Putin into a corner with obvious results. He’d no option but to take back Crimea or face his Black Sea base being in a NATO country :roll_eyes:

BTW, I think Zelenskyy is a charismatic fool who should have sued for peace eighteen months ago, instead of talking up his ineffective assault against entrenched and expendable Russian troops, and I also think Ukraine is as corrupt as it was before the war. Not a good EU candidate.

Now, I better have a little lie down after all that :joy:

Sadly they weren’t asked that question so I can’t say.