What are the rules for visiting other's houses?

I don’t know why I’m struggling to find out what the current rules are about visiting a friends house. Is it allowed? Is there a limit on numbers? Are the rules the same nationwide?
I just want to have a coffee at my friend’s house but can’t figure out if I’m allowed to.

There isn’t a specific rule but a recommendation of no more than six adults so meeting a friend for coffee will be okay provided the appropriate precautions are observed.

1 Like

I do, with hand cleaning on arrival, sitting well spread out, and with a tiny crack of a window open (-5 here this morning…). And not moving around too much touching things all over the house. It’s for both of our protection.

Another friend insists on sitting in the hallway!

Always wait to be invited in, stay away from garlic, crucifixes, open curtains and wooden stakes - I find this normally works…

10 Likes

This is where being a miserable old git, drinking my own coffee in my own home and ignoring the world outside helps enormously in the fight against Covid…

10 Likes

For the moment stay miserable with a clove of garlic under your pillow and
wait for better times to arrive

2 Likes

Timothy has already said it : there are no restrictions here, just advice - no more than 6 adults, gestes barrières, air the room etc. No problems going to have coffee at a friend’s house, just don’t travel during the curfew :wink:

These may be the least french things I’ve ever read on here… :see_no_evil::rofl:

3 Likes

Snap! :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Depends on your “tastes” :bat: :drop_of_blood:, keep out of sunlight, away from crucifixes, silver bullets etc

1 Like

And don’t walk on the cracks on the pavement or chew chewing gum when walking up stairs

1 Like

These are Transylvanian customs :grin:

1 Like

The rule that I follow is simple: the risk of contracting Covid-19 is proportional to the number of people with whom you have contact.

Consequently, I am an adherent to @graham “Old Git” philosophy!

5 Likes

Interesting article on BBC site about a 432-year-old manual for coping with the plague. Looks like we haven’t progressed that much!

They must have read this in Eyam.

2 Likes

Or carry a taser in your front pocket whilst trying to remove a painting off the wall…

1 Like

Excellent advice…

Santa Claus has the right idea…only visit people once a year. With thanks to Victor Borge.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Coffee time here I come! :grinning:
Well actually tea as I don’t like coffee :joy:

If you don’t like coffee would your friends actually welcome you as a visitor?
:astonished: :wink: