What are you up to today?

Fed horses, got wet, went shopping, got wet, unpacked shopping got wet, went down to post box, got wet, fed birds, got wet. Will need to go out and feed horses their dinner and hay soon, so will get wet again. When is this rain going to end :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Wow, big changes ahead again Mandy …

As you need to find somewhere that you can maybe have a bedroom, bathroom on the ground floor for your mum, I can see that will be a challenge !

No idea of what prices are like in the UK now, I moved from Kent to Lancashire over 30 years ago and the houses in the North were cheaper.

From there to Central France where they are still extremely good value.

It’s certainly a big task Mandy but as you so rightly say probably just what you need at the moment xxx

1 Like

Unfortunately she isn’t up to helping. Just got them all up, only one not too badly lacerated finger, and I was wearing gloves!

You are lucky it’s snowing a blizzard here, again ! :disappointed:

And now I’m off for a networking session with cocktails at the Splendid…

1 Like

Yes Ann, more changes.

We are looking for a house where I can live upstairs and Mum can live downstairs so that we can be independent from each other - our own bathrooms and kitchens.

Eventually, she will need help/care and I want to be on hand to do that. Preparing for the future now seems sensible.

We can probably get something like that in the area we are looking for about £100,000 less than her current 3 bedroom bungalow is worth in Essex.

1 Like

Spent the morning playing with the snow blower to clear the 12 cm of snow blanketing the drive, and blasting through the wall of snow kindly left by the municipal snow plough blocking our access to the road. Then shovelled more snow from the ramp leading to the letter box. It keeps you fit, I guess. And it’s snowing again now …
Currently trying yet again to get a copy of the French version of our mariage certificate using the official web site. I am resigned to having to do it by mail cos once again it just says “chargement en cours” with no indication of what it’s loading or how long this might take. I left it running for a couple of hours yesterday with no visible result.
Mind you, I ordered the English mariage certificate on the 16th and despite paying the premium rate for fast service I still haven’t got it.
I ordered a copy of my wife’s French birth certificate and got it in two days flat despite having had to use snail mail. And it’s free, unlike the UK.

2 Likes

Do you think a normal leaf blower could move snow?

Only before it hits the ground :rofl:

Dogs, cats, wife with a cold (sort of Shrek like!) and out of action, nursing services, household chores, Osteo (lovely), McDo for large latte, Intermarché for blueberries (for the porridge) and fruit stock up, gym, made lunch, neighbour came round, little tipple, popped out for new gas and to drop of loads of clothes in the charity bins (lost 16kg since May - body of a model can’t wait for summer!), golf clothing order for a neighbour (his wife doesn’t know!), opened wine, about to cook dinner and provide additional nursing (turning into Ebola fever at least!) and animal slavery services, booked for the Venezuelan night at the Marie Cuba Café on Friday - yeah!!, looking for my Cuban heels! If anything else happens I’ll get back to you :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

No snow here. Took my gf to work in the morning (I’m hoping she’s going to pass her driving test next week :D), then went back home to work (go go gadget tele-travail), made myself an absolutely utterly decadent and artery-destroying bacon baguette (half a baguette, load with freshly made bacon, drizzled with Sriracha hot sauce, and fried onions - yes I’m an ogre, why? :P), then went off to the dentist for procedure #234512345 (actually been getting root canals and crowns done… woe is me), went back home, worked a bit more, fed the cat, ignored the cat’s pleas for more food, then went to pick up gf from work, then we cooked, ate dinner, and now I’m on here.

Wew.

1 Like

Shovelling snow for quite a while first thing, as the alignment of the road means the snow plow tends to dump stuff off just in front of the barn where we keep out car. Then scary 2 hour drive to go see a friend who broke 4 vertebrae in an accident on new year’s eve and is confined at home in full body corset, and spend day with him as it was his brother’s funeral this morning and he can’t travel. And now just back from slightly less scary drive home. A fun day…

As Mark says, once it’s on the ground you need a snow shovel, my machine or my neighbour’s home-made snow plough which he created from a machine designed to cut grass or hay. The man’s a mechanical genius. Doubt a leaf blower would move even the lightest covering of snow even if it’s really powdery.

1 Like

I recall great fun and games when we returned to France after a long stint in Australia, where my French wife and I got married in a restaurant in Moonee Ponds (yes the same place being the reputed home of Dame Edna Everidge). needless to say it was a Civil Celebrant marriage which had them all confoosed here, but also fascinated. Our lawyer took it all inhand and got it accepted (and on our files) and promptly asked if he could take a photocopy of the Certificate to put in a frame in his office, as being one of the odder jobs he had ever done.

I thought I might give dry January a go tonight…

Wish me luck :+1::beers::beers:

3 Likes