What are you up to today?

Are you snowed in? Have fallen trees blocked the drive? Are you huddled by the fire with a mug of tea?

Me, I’ve just run 4K, put the washing on, dropped the son at the bus stop, replied to numerous emails, had a shower and am about to get back to the plywood :frowning:

2 Likes

Well as I am now exhausted after reading all what you have already done, the answer is not a lot ! :wink:

We have snow here and I will shortly be donning boots to try and persuade the cat to come outside with me. She doesn’t like snow, but will not use her ’ kitty litter’ and is turning in circles.

General housework is on the agenda :nauseated_face: but as I ‘slept’ downstairs on the canape last night owing to the express train in the bedroom, I might just chill out !:wink:

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea.
I will probably carry on knitting a cable cardigan for my daughter, after making lunch.

1 Like

Work, as usual.

1 Like

Lucky daughter! I miss my granny’s home knitted jumpers !

Choose a pattern and the yarn and I will knit it for you.
Have a look at Love Knitting, Ravelry and Deramores.

1 Like

Cutting up a recently felled tree into suitable sized pieces for the déchetterie…boring but necessary.

Edit - rain stops play

1 Like

Oh wow!!! Really?! That is such a nice, kind and lovely offer, it has put a spring in my step and made my day - no week!

Seriously, thank you. I shall get looking…

(And if anyone else feels like gifting me something but isn’t into knitting, I am very happy to accept used fivers in a paper bag…)

1 Like

Excellent.
I am quite an experienced knitter.
I made my first jumper at 11. Lime green which was in fashion at the time along with shocking pink.
I knitted my wedding dress and a christening shawl for Catherine.
I don’t mind what you choose, I like knitting cables and fine yarn, not so much chunky.
Aran is great.
An english pattern is much easier for me to follow.
There are many free patterns available as well.
If I order the wool I should be able to buy it at a better price, there are lots of special offers and sales that appear on my computer.

2 Likes

Planned to be on a roof this morning; too wet; too cold; don’t fancy it

Too dangerous.

I’m supposed to be re-tiling our bathroom floor. I’ve got to try to get the existing tiles up which I really don’t fancy, might go and make a snowman (or woman) instead :cloud_with_snow::snowman_with_snow:

Have you never thought of putting a floor covering over the top ? There are some lovely designs available and it cuts out a lot of work !
I am going to make a snow cat, when I can get her to go outside with me ! :rofl: :scream_cat:

1 Like

Much !

I will email you :slight_smile:

Agree - there are some really great products around. @james used one in our en-suite that is indistinguishable from tiles .

1 Like

That was my first choice, but I was overruled comme habitude :triumph:

Waiting for an estate agent to come and value Mum’s house. It’s been decided that the whole family is moving somewhere a bit cheaper.

It will be a whole new start for me - probably just what I need.

The only problem is that Mum is not as mobile as she used to be so the hard work will be down to me - having just moved back to the UK at least I have the practice!!

3 Likes

There’ s a way around that Mark, you ask if the person overruling you could possibly help out as it’s a task that goes better with two people.

I think that you might find after an hour or so of lifting tiles that the OP views may just change :wink:

I went up on the roof after all…got wet but didn’t fall off

Result !

2 Likes