What brings you a sense of optimism?

What events are happening or have happened that brings you a breath of fresh air, a sigh of relief, or a sense of optimism, in these troubled days?

Any subject.

For me, one event is the demise (hopefully) of Bolsonaro for the sake of the Amazon Rain Forest.

10 Likes

When I see what used to be called ā€œquack medicineā€ being increasingly embraced by mainstream science. For example our local veterinary clinic has an osteopath and I used to take our old Airedale to a vet in Bordeaux who is an acupuncturist.

5 Likes

For me its breakfast without the smoke alarm going off.

5 Likes

Am finding it difficult finding anything much to be optimistic about, but have found something that sounds encouraging.

I hate cobwebs and Iā€™ve come across a USA law covered with cobwebs.

The Universities of North Carolina and Harvard want to keep a law in place that allows them to consider ā€˜raceā€™ in determining student admissions. Iā€™m not sure but I think this applies to all colleges.

The Supreme Court is looking into this and may well rule against the universities and change the law next year

ā€œThe justices could end a policy thatā€™s shaped college admissions for decades.ā€

1 Like

Energy medicine in any form is amazing. I am a Reiki Master Practitioner and when having acupuncture, from a qualified medical practitioner, he told me that people such as myself, who are extremely sensitive and aware of the pathways in their bodies, were used to map the acupuncture points.
I could also feel the energy moving when having cranial osteopathy.

2 Likes

This brings me a sense of optimism, in the Supreme Court! Republican Senator Lindsey Graham is a piece ofā€¦

2 Likes

if weā€™re going to be that basicā€¦ :wink:
For me itā€™s each morning when I realize that OH is still aliveā€¦

6 Likes

Not sure what you mean - not burning the toast?

One of the things I find surprising about myself is that external events have little impact on my sense of optimism. Indeed, my feeling is that happiness and optimism come from within, and given a reasonable chance will overcome most ā€˜impostorsā€™.

2 Likes

Jane, my mum is still working (mid 70s). She is one of the top bods in Oz for Healing Touch which is quite similar from what I understand. Love and light as she always says! :grinning:

2 Likes

Lotā€™s of things pretty shit for us at the moment, particularly with our teen :japanese_ogre: . My 7 year old gives me my greatest joy and sense of optimism! Who doesnā€™t love a little Dracula :rofl: . Was a bit of a surprise late baby but what a joy!

10 Likes

I too have an innate sense of optimism, always have had, but when I look around at what is happening ā€˜everywhereā€™ around the world it worries me that my inherent optimism might be waning, which is why I posted this topicā€¦.

4 Likes

Not burning any of it :joy: OH shall we say is not the gourmet.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a little like Geof, in that I try not to let external events worry me. As you say, @Bonzocat, looking at a lot of what is reported can be worrying (and of course the good news is seldom reported).

My hope comes from looking at a God who sacrificed everything - including himself - to bring the people he created back to him. That fills me with real hope.

1 Like

But they do worry me, and not worrying about these things makes me feel Iā€™m turning my back on them, which I canā€™t do.

1 Like

I didnā€™t mean to imply that I donā€™t need to engage with problems and work to find solutions to them - it was more about trying not to worry about them (because worry in itself is unproductive).

Sorry, I wasnā€™t implying that you werenā€™t concerned about these things. I understand what you mean. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mine would have to be watching my 19 month old navigate the world.

5 Likes

Hopefully in a happier worldā€¦

Never mind she can have croisaants and baguette when you get to France.

1 Like