What do you all do? Post your links here!

We are a small family run kennel showing and producing miniature schnauzers. Come see us at www.schnauzersarediennes.com

thank you for your kind and encouraging words Lis... and yes one day I hope to explore Provence. What is the name of your village? I will look it up.

Melanie
it’s still winter, season had not started at all, unless you are in the mountains, so don’t worry too much, I know this easy for me to say
but I am here, alone most of the time, as my husband us still working back in the UK, only here every 3/4 weekends, so it’s not always funny, as I gave do most things alone)?
We had our last guests in October, and a couple that was booked in for a few days over Christmas, cancelled because of Paris, however, last winter was exactly the same. Sometimes May, June are OK, but in particularly July and August (helps that we have a famous international music festival in our village)and a bit of business in September, that seems to be the season around here in Provence and what people are telling me around here!

Good luck, don’t dispair, it will be OK
‘come over’ and say hi one day :wink:

Mais non, John, comme dans un examen, il faut lire toute la phrase pour avoir la réponse :
1° Etre de nationalitĂ© française ou ressortissant d'un autre Etat membre de l’Union europĂ©enne ;-)

add to that a clean criminal record and fluent/native level French and anything's possible...!

Thank-you Katherine, at least I hope you were replying to me? It’s just a waiting game now but I received a date for our classification visit this week. Unfortunately it was for the day after I have to return to the UK for a medical follow-up but that’s life! Hopefully, another date will come through soon.

What a great website name Tim! We have Gites too but are not so close to you to be in competition. It is our first year doing it and are hoping to get some business too.

Beautiful... good luck

Thank you... beautiful but empty... my hope is to fill it with wonderful memories of visiting Saint Jean Pied de Port for my clients and making a new life for me.

Your work is exquisite, Alison.

What a stunning place! Best of luck with it.

Your place looks beautiful and I hope it is all up and running for you soon.

Thank you for your support Chris

Hi Elaine,

I came to France wanting to do what you’re doing but it hasn’t yet happened. A number of years ago I learned about the Certificat de CapacitĂ© and would still like to take the exam but have lost track of how to do it (I’ve also heard it’s changed recently). Do you happen to know where I can find current information on the exam?

Good luck with your business!

A direct link to Melanie's lovely property.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7892798?s=L2WmU3lS

I am a new agent Commercial for Leggett in Brittany, so I would love some more properties to add to my portfolio. I cover an area roughly 3/4 of an hours drive from Loudeac, but i can help clients find properties all over Brittany.

Here is my Leggett property Page

I wrote a novel a few years ago, which after 3500 sold copies is still ticking over - Vantastic France follow the adventures of White Van Man moving to France.

I'm sure I must be one of hundreds of Gite owners on here but if anyone is looking for 2016, have a look at www.giteadore.co.uk - I'm between Montmoreau and Riberac near the village of Bors in Southern Charente. Mention SFN and I'm sure I can find a deal!

Is it necessary to have French nationality?

Il me semble que oui.

http://www.douane.gouv.fr/articles/a10934-conditions-pour-devenir-debitant-de-tabac

Hi All, Ref F.R.O.G.

not quite sure where to post this so hopefully it will get noted.

This is the 52 page, downloadable brochure produced through the Correze Prefecture, but is not all about Correze and holds a heap of useful information in both French and English.

There is a link for the download but it is so long I have discovered that if you simply type the brochure name into your web search box it will take you straight to the Correze Prefecture site and the brochure is clearly marked in its own box.

I think this is a real 'survival tool' as it explains simply everything about living and working in France mostly.

Guide Ă  l'attention des anglophones pour vivre et travailler en Correze

Good luck

Hi Melanie,

We have 3 entries on Airbnb, as we have had to do our 2 rooms in our B&B separately, so you’ll have the Rose Room and the Tamara Room. Our 2-bed apartment is also on there.

Go into Airbnb.co.uk enter our village (for our B&B) La Roque d’AnthĂ©ron, click on filters ie B&B, pool, Wi-Fi
several will come up (I’m in the round pic with a straw hat)

For our apartment you need to enter the domaine ie Pont Royal Golf (or something like that) click on filters ie apartment, 2-bedrooms, pool (me again in the straw hat in the round pic).

I find Airbnb slightly irritating, as we have more than one room, not always straight forward to ‘speak’ to potential guests, but hey it works, and we have had lots of bookings from them when we started out last summer

Have a look, and if I can help in any way, let me know
good luck :slight_smile:

How are you listed on AIRBNB?