What exercises work for you?

Over the past few days, I noticed that both visitors had what seem to be called “bat wings”… flab on the underside of the arms…

I checked in my mirror… and yes, shock-horror… I have small wings starting.

This link shows easy exercises that I intend to do from now until “Summer” when I shall be wanting to be brazen and flaunt my perfectly toned arms…:relaxed:

I have another incentive… my shoulders are difficult/weak and this should help with mobility as well as muscle tone…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1E28bcR6U

3 Likes

That explains it, I’ve a perfectly toned left arm :slightly_smiling_face: the arm I use lifting my pint, right arm is quite flabby, remember to alternate Bill :thinking:
My exercise after my hip op is walking, and more walking :+1:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

5 years ago… I broke my left ankle… then my left hand… and then my left wrist…so obviously my left side didn’t do much exercise…(still got a couple of fingers pretty useless)… thank heavens I am right-handed… :hugs:

But, by taking the strain with my right hand… I damaged my right shoulder… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: It’s been 2 years now and I am virtually all healed… so the time to start is right now…:sunglasses:

In between lifting my wine glass… I propose to follow these exercises… well, that is until I break something… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Take care, falling off my M Bike and too much time afloat, bobbin’ around did for me 'ip I suspect :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m not allowed on a bike any more (let alone a Mbike) … sold it to a friend and bought some wine instead… :blush:

2 Likes

I believe they’re called “bingo wings” but not sure why. Despite my general overweightness I am fortunate not to have them. Walking is great (though won’t do much for arms!) combines fresh air, exercise and lots of Vitamin D.

2 Likes

Before all my disasters I was very athletic… and, even now, play football with the little kids at school… although the teacher keeps yelling at them…telling them not to try and tackle me…:fearful: in case I fall. I have to hobble faster than their little legs can run…:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Ommmmm…zen moment after an arduous day strimming which hopefully is seeing off any underarm anomalies…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Strimming can be very good for you… uses a wide variety of muscles… :relaxed:

2 Likes

I always find strimming particularly tiring, I think it’s all the twisting.

2 Likes

I’ve kind of got into a rhythm with it…hold at a not too unnatural angle…flick with my right hip…don’t try to strim too large an arc in one sweep…take many breaks in between…assess shaking arm regularly and dose with cbd oil as and when required…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t flick me right ‘ip to much, thats t’ bionic yan, tha naws :open_mouth:

1 Like

Perhaps you will be putting a remote-controlled mower on your Christmas list ???

1 Like

OH finds the same… but he insists on getting the whole thing done in one session… to get it over with… so he can get back asap to his workshop :wink:

Strimming flat areas is OK but I’ve got several banks to cut where neither I nor the strimmer is in a natural, comfortable position. I too try to do all the strimming in one go but that’s because it tends to be messy and once I’m togged up with old clothes, boots etc I just get on with it.

3 Likes

I think my strimming was made all the more arduous because the grass was still too wet…I had to come in in the end as it started raining so still got a section to do…Beyond the gate I have so far kept the “field” down with a pair of shears…thinking about a petrol strimmer for that…??? x :slight_smile:

What about a goat, cheap to run! my strimmer guzzles petrol Helen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure that goats and Border Collies are a good mix bill…??? Lol…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Be interesting to see if you have, ‘a top dog’ or a ‘top goat’ :thinking:

I think I would end up with a goat who was constantly on the move and never relaxed enough to actually eat the grass…(and clover and buttercups etc…) I don’t think they would give it a moments peace…they’ll “watch” the cows in neighbouring fields but I have a 3 foot no man’s land between us and them…I could be wrong but just not willing to take on the commitment of a goat (or sheep) without having a means of giving it shelter or relative peace…plus I have never yet looked into how to take care of a goat or a sheep…I’ll put it on my list of things to think about…along with the pros and cons of a petrol strimmer…! (Mines electric for the front garden and back Collie garden…I have a really long extension cable…but to get right down to the bottom of the “field” with extension cables would probably need…counts on fingers…10…??? x :slight_smile:

1 Like