What fantastic security šŸ™„

Blade I think you are ā€œunrealā€, and I didnā€™t call you a liar, I just donā€™t believe you.

2 Likes

Ah ha more semantics then. Well itā€™s not exactly grounded in reality on a forum in the ether is it. Thank heaven :blush::rofl:

Is it just me thinking that the World has gone madā€¦ :anguished: Iā€™m not enjoying this dinner party one little bitā€¦ :anguished: :frowning:

6 Likes

Unstoppable force met immovable object. :boom:

Me neither Stella, Iā€™m obviously sitting at the wrong end of the table. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Weā€™re fortunate to have a little community that knows and trusts one another and can take contradictory, and often informative views onboard without offence. But generally the comments have substance.

5 Likes

I know itā€™s hard for some of you, but I really recommend the mute button for continuing to enjoy being on Survive France. Itā€™s a huge relief to discover (a) I do not have to have a view on everything that is posted here (b) I do not have to read everything that is written here.
Over the years I have learnt to mute (coolly, calmly with no fuss) whole threads - mainly political - and certain individuals. For me it works.

4 Likes

Seconded. Iā€™ve also taken to waiting a few minutes before responding to inflammatory posts. Quite often the trash can gets clicked on rather than reply.

1 Like

I mute topics which simply do not interest meā€¦ seems reasonableā€¦
and it makes it easier to keep track of those threads which I can enjoyā€¦ those I can perhaps learn from and/or offer my own experiencesā€¦

And, I do wonder about folkā€¦ when there seems to be a barny going-onā€¦
Perhaps I should mute them, but I suppose itā€™s my inner-self longing to see things turn out alrightā€¦ that keeps me peeping from behind the sofaā€¦
Iā€™ve always longed/hoped for the ā€œhappy endingā€ :wink:

2 Likes

Obviously there are occasions when someone is going through a tough time or one can see that their mood changes as the evening wears on (when I lived in Brazil I discovered I got fighting mad after a rum and coke - shame, I liked it). But also Iā€™m learning I donā€™t have that many days/hours left in my life so Iā€™d rather use them wisely and quite frankly watching a rather bad soap opera with a badly written script is not my idea of using my life wisely.

1 Like

I know that, when things kick off here, @John_Scully and I are inspired by this

1 Like

In my teens, I discovered that gin makes me weepyā€¦ so I gave it up.
Thankfully, sloe-gin (which I discovered much later in life) is delicious and doesnā€™t have the same effectā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

IMG_3273

1 Like

I havenā€™t forgotten someone being extremely rude to another SF member, and when questioned declared it was too early to be civil. But it was obviously ok because they have been getting away with it for years. :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s the nature of forums, you will always get people that like to stir, provoke confrontation and be obtuse, I have run a few big forums in my time, mostly car related and when you finally get to meet the ones that went out of their way to be a royal pain in the bum, they usually were the quietest, most shy mousey person at the back of the room, keyboard warriors exist on most forums and that is what the mute button is excellent for.

6 Likes

There are those in life who are not able to understand the difference between argument of an issue and plain argument.

However, there is really no excuse for rudeness or name calling.

2 Likes

Is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

6 Likes

in your teensā€¦ gin, Stella?

1 Like

I agree - gin and orange - my first ā€œgrownupā€ drink. Boy was I ill!

My first alcohol drink was during my last year at school. Rum & Coke. Threw up through my nose and never touched either beverage again.

1 Like

Oh yesā€¦ I was drinking before the legal age to do soā€¦ but not in the town where I was living with my parents, as all the landlords knew (and respected) my Dad and wouldnā€™t have dared serve meā€¦ :wink:

I do have firsthand experience of some of the follies of youthā€¦ :wink: but came through remarkably unscathedā€¦ (thank heavens)