What fantastic security šŸ™„

Iā€™ve heard those conspiracy theories and no idea.

Nor I but no smoke without fire as is often said about other parties. Beside he didnā€™t look really rattled

I donā€™t know, I thought he looked quite startled initially and then visibly relaxed when he saw that it was basically harmless.

If it was staged then itā€™s worked very well for him and, if it wasnā€™t, then the activist has helped him enormously as the whole shirt sleeves rolled up thing made him look lot more human.

indeed it is often saidā€¦ in the big world and also closer to homeā€¦ here in our own small worlds.
It is a very damaging phraseā€¦ and bandied about far too freely/blithely in my opinion.

Lives have been ruined due to false rumoursā€¦
It seems to be something in human-nature which canā€™t quite accept the proof that something might really be falseā€¦ OK some will accept it and someā€¦ well, they mumble on ā€œah wellā€¦ no smokeā€¦ā€ with no basis other than their own prejudicesā€¦ and the false rumours/lies go round and round.
ghastly

I feel strongly about this as I know of a historical case which had a sad outcome and no, Iā€™m not going into detail.

Of course, others are free to disagreeā€¦

4 Likes

Frankly, I donā€™t think heā€™d be bothered with such dramatics. ā€œJCB driverā€ Johnson, yes. ā€œLook Iā€™m driving a tank in a Maggie Thatcher outfitā€ Truss, yes. But boring (boring is good BTW) old Keir? :thinking:

2 Likes

Sorry, the suggestion that anyone, and particularly someone as risk-averse as SKS, would stage a stunt like that for so little gain and so much potential loss if discovered is a complete non-starter.

2 Likes

Is it? You are so willing to believe that abut one prerson yet not another??? My OH saw the guy talking to Stamer in the pub before this happened

BTW what is SKS?

Sir Keir Starmer

That is quite possibleā€¦ does not mean SKS knew himā€¦ nor that anything was plotted between them.

but, seriously, if your OH has information, it might be useful if he passed it on to the appropriate authoritiesā€¦

How long before, which pub, details would be helpful :wink:

Thatā€™s a detail that you didnā€™t mention before.

Letā€™s assume (a) your OH is a reliable witness and (b) he actually saw, and wasnā€™t mistaken, SKS speaking to the delegate who later staged the protest.

In a pub. A public house. In plain sight, apparently, so not only your OH but anyone else - including Press - could have seen it.

I imagine you can see why that makes the idea of a setup even less credible.

2 Likes

Crikey didnt know he was titled. Odd for a left winger. Rich then?

That is a bit fierce. Are you saying ordinary people are lying? The guy was talking to the person you call sks

Hereā€™s a bit of background: Keir Starmer - Wikipedia

Iā€™m not saying anyone is lying.

I explained why the theory of a setup is improbable, and even more improbable given what Old Herbert says he saw.

You donā€™t actually need to assess the truth of Obadiah Henryā€™s evidence if the assumption that itā€™s true makes the conspiracy theory even less credible!

2 Likes

Some people actually get honours for work they do :slightly_smiling_face:
Few barristers are skint.

3 Likes

Ah he is a barrister then?

Whatwork did he do to get the sir?

Aaah the truth aka Meghan then? :rofl:

Well this has become another dumpster fire of a thread. Not that Iā€™m complaining, itā€™s very entertaining :joy: It really does read more like Reddit than SurviveFrance at times! I blame the ā€œordinary peopleā€ā€¦which I guess makes us all extraordinary if weā€™re not amongst them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes