What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

…that’s a good shopping suit for e,biking, I think. Backpacks are too bothersome… So many pockets, with instant easy access, for spanners and spare parts to rain hat and sandwiches, could be ace.

1 Like

That’s lovely, that bit about my sensibilities, Peter, thank you!
I might have it engraved on my tombstone with the backlit photo of me, with a sausage.
I can’t share our local plastic sac fest, because I didn’t understand how the whole Garbage collection thing was organised, and made a speech in the Mairie, declaring the company to be charlatans, all.
I believed SMICTOM? to be a big profit corporation probably tied in with Nestlé, and Big Pharma and refused to pay one centime, for rubbish services.
M. Le Maire was called upon to intervene, and he wrote a special attestation of exemption, based in my getting zero garbage collections, anyway. The steep track to my house… with 20 metre ravine drop, too small for the trucks.
I gradually twigged that it is a social service that we are all supposed to chip in to …so now I have small frais, but the obligation to do what I can, with my dechets, by myself.
I remember the chunky feel of a rollup of those lovely heavy duty sacs.
All ‘free’ too!
So many bisous. Nah. Wouldnt miss that. Nor Public nudity, as in JP onsens and German hiking… unacceptable stress levels.

1 Like

Ignore my senile ramblings @Lily :thinking::crazy_face:

May I suggest you:

(1) thank your helpful neighbour for his offer to collect your portion of bags, telling him nicely that you want to collect them yourself next time to discuss your entitlement with the Mairie;

(2) if he insists, push back on his pressure by telling him, with a firm but polite smile, that you have decided to collect your own bags from now on. No need to explain yourself.

(3) If he tries to challenge your decision, just repeat it without changing your expression or tone of voice.

(4) if, having made your decision clear to him, he still collects bags on your behalf, tell him to take them back, and say that you intend to inform the Mairie of his conduct because it interferes with your right to make your own decisions.

(5) or just turn up at the distribution point and collect your own bags. If he has already collected them, tell the official he did so without your permission.

(6) if for any reason you feel intimidated or unduly pressurised by your neighbour then take your concerns seriously and discuss them in neutral terms with the Maire in person at a confidential meeting, not as a formal complaint, or to instigate specific action to restrain him, but just for the record.

1 Like

My New Day Brightener!

Had a message from Zoe, at CDiscount, yesterday, to say…
My new 1-3 bar hi-pressure 16 litre weed sprayer…will arrive… today!

I will be able to make all necessary adjustments, hopefully, in time to test it, for a hot, Pomme Verte foam, power shower…this eve!

Pure joy in anticipation!

1 Like

Enjoy Jeanette :clap:

1 Like

Peter, I should have added a :wink: with my post.
My neighbours are lovely and I do not mind them picking up my sacs :smile:
I have so many sacs in my cupboard, so if you run short…:wink:

My day started off badly - boiler leaking water all over the floor. Emergency phone call to our plumber… begging him to come today, please. :relaxed::relaxed:

Yippee… Jean- Pierre has just left, after tinkering and doing heaven knows what - but the boiler is working in double quick time … and no major bill thank goodness.

I invited him to stay with us for a few days, just to be sure of the boiler… but he declined… with a smile.

We tend to use the same local resto, so I’ll treat him to a drink next time… :hugs:

3 Likes

Oh my! How clever am I! poop poop poop! Happiness!!
20 …not 16…litres of hot water… delivered on a trolley to any location, for a majestic, full power, pomme verte , fluffy foam shower.
Two, géant sacs a poubelles, should make the perfect, foldable shower cubicle.

DSCN0971-picsay|291x500

Blimey Jeanette, with that thing, you should never again have greenfly in those hard-to-reach places

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning::joy:

2 Likes

@Lily delivers disappointing news:

“My neighbours are lovely and I do not mind them picking up my sacs :smile:

Pity that, @Lily, I was working myself into my steaming green Incredible Hulk “don’t-make-me-angry-you-wouldn’t-like-me-when-I’m-angry” persona.

I need to do this about three times a week and am always on the lookout for a trigger.

I thought your pest of a neighbour promised a bit of rumbunctious fun, but never mind, you’ve got your bags, all is bon voisinage and I shall return to my position under the bridge singing my Troll song! :laughing:

2 Likes

I used to sing the chorus with my daughter, then my grandson and now with anyone who is nearby… :hugs::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Where does the soapy water go?

1 Like

…don’t you see?..one more tragedy of "civilisation…?
Where did the soapy water go, for the hunter gatherers? For the Yayoi people, for millions of years of freedom from all the chrome plating and tiles and grout and drains…of consumerism? :blush:
On its shopping trolley, my power shower can go anywhere I go.
No one can use polluting soapy suds near the river, but my biologique pomme verte…in dappled woodland? On the beach of the stream?. In the village square? In the cornfield?
Or in my house, beside the radiator…standing in a bucket?
Anywhere at all.
I’ve cut the spray bit shorter, and it works perfectly.
:grin:

3 Likes

In-joy Jeanette…! :grinning:

My humble little abode is connected to two water supplies…one provided by a small local syndicate supplying 18 homes and the other from a corporate provider…

The small syndicate supplies the water to my kitchen and boiler and they had problems this summer so I had no hot water for over a fortnight when my son was here for a visit…He just left bottles of water out in the sun and had ‘a shower’ in the front garden once it had heated up by solar power…:grinning:

On another note my mom in uk was in hospital with pneumonia for almost 6 weeks just recently…she has limited mobility anyway and when she came out I was thinking of all sorts of things that may help her whilst she got over the inevitable weakness that follows pneumonia…(nearly lost her this time…:cry:)…

I came across a no rinse body wash and shampoo…no water required…just use and towel off…great for camping and festivals too…!

Just a thought…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:smile::hugs::pray::alien::green_heart:

counting down to arriving in France.
one month to go

got a new car
booked the ferry and hotels for us and the cats

1 Like

Thank you Tracey! I love you too. Wonderful day today! My son posted a “selfie”… he has been too busy lately because of extra responsibilities at work. Thousands of miles away! Im So glad/happy to be wired up to the www.

1 Like

ooo-er!! Hope it all goes according to plan!!! All the best!! Xox

1 Like

I think photos of everyone’s houses would be nice! If there isn’t a houses thread already…how d’ya mean …“humble” and “little”…? I tend to think of the world backwards, so that humble and little, is usually tops. Somewhere like Trump Tower with gold lavatories, must come close to The Most Hideous Ever Dreamed Of. I thought, briefly, that the Saudi billionaires might do worse, but decided if they have a taste for TENTS, like me, I would prob like theirs.
My house is not micro, its got two rooms but both are more like sheds/workshops, and I live in a tiny space that was once the bathroom, which, of course, can be made extremely comfortable/clean, in under ten minutes, which is my approx limit, on ideal home/comforts/furnishings etc…after 15 years, my plan to transmogrify the place into a mini arts centre…STILL COULD WORK…

WELL DONE YOU…for arranging life comfortably for your mother. Still makes me cry that my mum died in a religious old folks home. She did her best with the religious stuff, because other rellies required her to, but she never made it into their realms of The Holy. I profoundly regret paying attention to too many creeps with influence in my life, NO MORE of course! If only I could have got her a tiny microwave cooker, I think the whole street, not just the upstairs resident, must have been traumatized by her ongoing use of natural gas, when she was so old and nearly blind, she could barely see her way around. Oh. Short posts!!! I remember!! That’s a rule now!!!

4 Likes