What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

I googled her name…seems it’s a scam. I’ve poured my large glass of Baileys back into the bottle…

3 Likes

envy you the Baileys… we’ve finished ours…

anyway… what made our day today… neighbour handed us 2 portions of a frangipane tarte… (think that’s it) absolutely delicious… :hugs:

Heard a tiny squeak in the garden shelter, seemed to come from what I thought was an abandoned nest on a roof joist. Climbed on step ladder to look in the entrance hole, then gingerly inserted a finger… And touched a tiny soft head. More squeaks!

Wren has hatched three chicks, the yawning gobs of two of which can be seen in the pic.

A beautiful moment that says the world is just OK :hugs:

8 Likes

My daughters sent me flowers

The cat thinks they are for her.

7 Likes

And you really think they are yours and intend to follow through and live to tell the tale?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA®

1 Like

The little wren that spent so much time and energy building a nest in our roof was not the one chosen by his mate, to have her babies :slightly_frowning_face: But our regular blue tits have now left the nesting box with their three beautiful babies :bird::bird::bird:

2 Likes

I bought my first beehive this morning…& at 65 € less than the ticket price.

5 Likes

Wow… impressive… now all you need are the bees… :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Only by googling her name?

Good for you Bob bee kepping is a Gr8 passtime.
I thought of you 2day as Mrs Wozza said she drove passed one of our local campsites & said it was full of camping cars etc. Maybe you should go & have a word with the Mairie.

1 Like

Managed to print out Isabelle Want’s (BH Assurances/Allianz) very kind How to Declare Your Tax Online guide (35pp A4), thank you Isabelle, so feel brighter (a bit) about tackling the dreaded task.

Well I’m so gullible Jane…:rofl:

I have a large Acacia in the garden, that has been heaving with them for the last few days.
My idea was to attract them to a nice new modern villa, with a view “plein-sud”, & more marguarites than they can shake a stick at.

3 Likes

The campsite is only a small concern; it’s run by an association.
The deputy maire(ss) is the person in charge of the daily running.
When we last spoke, it was deemed to be too hard to keep everything up to the required levels of hygiene…particularly, as there’s no-one on site full time.
Would have been nice, but was not to be.
As she said “il y a toujours l’année prochaine…”

Oh yes, the acacia flowers do give the most delicious honey…

at the moment the bees are going mad on the kiwi flowers… so hopeful for a good crop at the end of the year…

Our new neighbours have an acacia tree and we seem to get all the fluff from it. They are building hives so we may continue to get honey as we did from the previous neighbours.

Picked our first raspberries today… they have the perfect name, Autumn Bliss :rofl:

1 Like

They might be a bit confused by the weather.

By contrast, our black currants have done absolutely nothing :-1:

Same here and also the red ones. No problem for me as I don’t really like them.
Jim has just come in from squashing doryphores on the potatoes.