What have you done today?

Nothing remotely stupid about pride in your achievement Mandy, you deserve to congratulate yourself and be congratulated, you clever woman! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m the opposite to you. I learnt most of my French from reading and writing. I find it easier to learn that way. It’s interesting how we learn differently. It’s taken me 11 years to achieve this!!

2 Likes

Thank you Peter.

1 Like

Not nice…do you know what triggered it …??? My partener 67 this year had an inhaler until he was in his twenties…I had a friend at school who was regularly hospitalised unable to breathe despite her inhaler…frightening…hope you are soon feeling better…x

1 Like

Asthma manifesting as whooping cough, or possibly actual whooping cough, which I thought I’d had. I was terrified and am exhausted, and still whooping :fearful: possibly virus plus pollen overload as a trigger.

If this is a new acute respiratory phenomenon you will surely need to get to the bottom of it. I wonder if you have self-injectable adrenalin at hand when events like this happen, as the symptoms you describe are those of status asthmaticus which is indeed a critical medical emergency, and potentially life-threatening. I am thinking you already know this, Véronique?

2 Likes

Yes. I was in hospital last week which reassures me a bit.

2 Likes

Homeopathic drosera may help whooping cough type symptoms…just a thought…??? Locally made raw honey can help alleviate pollen allergies…I’m not usually affected by pollen but I have to say that after a neighbour cut my “field” 3 weeks ago at the same time as the next door farmer was cutting his field…letting it dry and then turning it and then gathering it into huge plastic bales my eyes were running slightly…I’ve not seen any honey bees yet this year…only a few bumble bees…

1 Like

I would endorse the effectiveness of a homeopathic approach to asthma, although I wouldn’t generally recommend an “off-the-shelf” homeopathic remedy, as it’s my experience that the remedy has to be tailored to a patient through a very thorough history and examination by a properly qualified practitioner. It is unwise to make any broad assumptions about allergens etc as asthma is a very complex phenomenon and is unlikely to be merely a response to an allergen. There are usually complex psychosocial issues at play too, which call for holistic adjustments.

I wonder what reassurance connotes in your own case, Véro, not just to be intrusively nosey (you could say I am being) but it was a curious thing to read from you. You are, if I may make so bold, something of a curiosity to me :thinking::relaxed:. So, how reassured à bit?

I do hope you are coming out of your unpleasant contretemps, and have some idea of what your next step will be to full restoration of your health and well-being, and characteristic zippiness :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Best wishes V :heart:

2 Likes

Reassuring to know that there was actually something clinically identifiable to justify feeling so ghastly and taking time off work, so I felt less like a skiver or a hypochondriac.
And reassured that I wasn’t going to die just yet, my children still need me.
Also so delicious breathing in all that lovely oxygen as well as drugs.
Well just being able to breathe, really.

4 Likes

Plumber coming this afternoon to look at the washing machine. Fingers crossed it’s something simple.

1 Like

Mandy, I’m so sorry. OH had a funny turn while we were at Jarnac… and your washing machine slipped from my mental list of things to do… :pensive:

Let’s hope his quote isn’t too bad… otherwise, it’s down to the river bank with the laundry bundle under your arm… :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh no Stella. Sorry to hear that. Hope he is feeling a little better. It’s horrible to see someone you love unwell.

Yes… to the river… and I’ll be wearing a long flowing gypsy skirt with ribbons in my hair and a flirty look on my face :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Alternatively, I will take it to my friend’s house who has offered to do it for me :relieved::smile:

4 Likes

You’ve got good friends indeed…

Our friends at Jarnac were very alarmed… they have never seen OH in such a state. … I am somewhat used to it, but each time might be IT … so I can never really relax and swan off out, leaving him to moulder… :wink:

Now we are home and he is making slow progress… but it is progress… yippee :relaxed:

5 Likes

I’ve just been doing a little dance :dancer:

The plumber (actually electrician) has been and it was just a blocked pump which he has now cleared and the machine is working again. First load already on. Only cost 25€.

Very very nice man. Arrived at the time he said it would and charged me for half an hours work.

If anyone out there is in the Southern Tarn he is called Philippe Martin and his number is 05 63 98 00 69.

3 Likes

That’s brilliant Mandy…chuffed for you…! x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get well soon :blush:

3 Likes

Finally a whole day dry enough to get on the tondeuse - much better

Phew… today I’ve been cooking up a storm for tomorrow’s group picnic/houseparty… plus assorted chocolates that are always in demand… (OH insists on eating some to check I have the proportions right).

A gang of us are off to Soulac sur mer… this weekend is La Belle Epoque and we always enjoy that… I have my fancy-hat at the ready… so long as it stays dry all will be well…

Lovely part of France… and the sea is fantastic. I shall take a good look at the building that is being “claimed” by the sea… a lot has happened in the last 12 months.

Suiter has been packed, unpacked and is now packed again and closed :roll_eyes:
everything is ready for a quick getaway tomorrow around 6.30am… mustn’t keep our friends waiting… hopefully I can doze on the way there… night, night

1 Like