What is living in Nontron like?

Thank you.

Sorry its a right turn after lidl and its o the leftā€¦ 400 metres u from post off, sorting buildingā€¦ Cant miss it. Doest open until 10 amā€¦ Very friendly but tryigt barter is a no oā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Called "Duchesne/Duchesnes 7 AllƩe des Champs. (-sorry if the spelling is not quite right. ) Great place but you need to visit weekly as the stock always changes.

1 Like

Rule to selfā€¦ Walking and typing responses produces garbled messages that only those who have done it themselves can dechiperā€¦ Best avoidedā€¦ Yes thatā€™s the placeā€¦ :wink:

Weā€™ve had a holiday home a little further north not far from PiĆ©gut Pluviers for about 12 years. Love the area. Nontron is our main shopping centre. There are more attractive towns in France but it has everything we need and it has a faded attractiveness about it.

We love the countryside in that part of France. The hills, the forests, the lakes (some of which you can swim in). Itā€™s green for a reason though but the occasional rain is frequently a blessing.

I donā€™t think there are as many expats in that part of Dordogne as there are further south. Quite a few Dutch and of course English. Itā€™s not a wealthy area and fewer people speak English than, say, Brittany where our friends live.

We love it in north Dordogne. Iā€™d live there permanently but my wifeā€™s not as keen (children in the UK). I think youā€™ll be very happy there.

Thanks Paul, thatā€™s a very nice assessment and lovely to hear. I agree it is not Sarlat or has the size of Perigueux , but I think that is part of the attractive nature. If it was, there would be the throngs of tourists ( which is what we rather avoid). We also like the fact that there are some expats, but then again, we would not move to France if we would not like to associate with the French. The funny thing is that we are looking in the Dordogne because our kids are in London and it is a hell of a lot closer than Canada! This way they can come over for a long weekend, whereas that would be an impossibility in Canada. The rain does not scare us either, as we are happy with 4 seasons instead of only the 2 we presently havešŸ˜†