What is the first sign of "Spring" in your area?

We’ve had the grue flying overhead… and, for us, that gives hope of a change in the weather…

What do you look/listen for in your area ??

1 Like

The sudden apppearance of frogs and toads. Not all good news for them though as although there is only a very lightly used lane through our hamlet, they tend to get flattened on their way to the pond! We counted 85 a couple of years ago when we were going out for a walk.:frog:

1 Like

For the first time ever I heard the grues at 21h30, pitch black but they were making so much noise that I went outside to listen to them. Sounded like loads of them, this was last Friday night!

Signs of spring…Camelia full of buds, Hyacinths in bloom, Daffodils soon to be open. Neighbour’s tom cat yowling for a mate :frowning:

2 Likes

The camelia is out in full bloom, which is usually the first signs of spring in our garden.

2 Likes

neighbours reported hearing the grues last week… but I have missed them totally.:zipper_mouth_face:

Around six am i can hear the birds singing in our garden so nice and cheerful, just thinking about summer to come.:smiley:

1 Like

Almond, daffodils, violets, prunus and camellia are all out, the grues have been flying overhead for a fortnight or so, they go right over my house and as I am at the top of the ridge on the south side of the Dordogne valley I hear and see them really well.

2 Likes

"

4 Likes

How come “Spring is in the air” … and I seem to have missed it… I was only away for 3 days…:relaxed::wink::wink::heart_eyes:

I should have used this one but that would have been cheating because it was taken a couple of years ago. This year is the first time I’ve seen the grues flying on cloudy days.

1 Like

The other day I had thick cloud lying like a quilt over my house, seemingly just a few feet above the roof, and I could hear the grues really really loudly honking and whirring and warbling but couldn’t see a single one. Very odd, it felt as if they were playing a practical joke on me.

3 Likes

Our local café becomes less like God’s waiting room as the estivant Brits start to return.

4 Likes

I would guess that more than 48 hours without rain would be a pretty good sign :slight_smile:

1 Like

I rather think that Spring, sprang and fell over… and is now having great difficulty getting up again :rofl::grin::joy: (I know just how that feels)

Shorts and flip flops came out of hibernation today😁

1 Like

the shops have had hot cross buns on sale for a few weeks now :wink:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUt74MQRcIQ&](
The arrival of the Cranes , sure is a Good Sign
The first Narcissae in the Veg garden too !

Gorgeous day here, i’ve just give the lawn it’s first cut of the year.

2 Likes

people are smiling.

1 Like