What is the process to import a used car from Spain?

I would like to buy a used car in Spain and import it. I would like to know what are the steps and neccessary documents involved in this procedure. What are the documents that Spanish sellers provide with the car and can I bring it home using its own Spanish license plate? I have already imported from Germany, but I needed to buy an Export license plate for the car there. I wonder if it is neccessary or possible at all in Spain?

Hi Bence… welcome.

Which country are you talking about ?? where is home ??

Actually I am from Hungary. I would like to import to here. I have read that bringing cars from Spain to France is popular, that’s why I decided to ask here. What I am mostly interested in is what documents do Spanish sellers provide with the car. I would like to see if they provide everything automatically that I will need here to start the registration process, or whether there are some documents that I will have to request separately from the seller in an office. And of course I would like to know if export license plate exist in Spain or whether I can use the Spainsh plate to bring it home? The rest of the process that happens here is not important, I know what to do when the car arrives home with me with the neccessary papers.

Go on eBay.uk and look for left hand drive cars/Spanish.

There are British companies selling LHD cars to Brits in Spain and also to people who want to take the car to another country. These people may be willing to talk to you about the paperwork/formalities.

I saw one ad which stated ‘registration for France £150’ for a SP registered car.