What other forums are there like this one?

I’m a bit out of the loop, I only ever come here!

What other forums are you using or do you know about that cover a similar niche?

Please link to them below :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sadly, the others We used have gone ‘sour’ for us James, spoiled by a very few individuals, which seems to be the norm for ‘Forums’ :thinking:

1 Like

As Bill says, readership has dropped off and a few ruin for the rest, funnily enough some of those you have kicked off here :grin: They of course still come by to read these comments :joy:
FE closed and they migrated to the new french forum. Some have dual nationality on here so no doubt will start a discussion.
Then the older ones which still limp on and are usually friendly.

2 Likes

Odd though John, how, very often, even after an I.D. change, many of the unpleasant ‘items’, cann’t change their ‘style’, which makes them recognizable, even after a ‘name change’ :wink:

1 Like

Used to use Angloinfo to sell unwanted items. It’s now become Smartexpat although AI still seems to be running. Shambolic compared to SF.

2 Likes

I’ve looked at Angloinfo and FE in the past but much preferred SFN and still do. Despite the odd few people I tend to ignore it’s a great place to share views, discuss things and find information.

3 Likes

The United in Brittany etc sites were ok, 'til the owners apparently lost interest and appear to have handed over to the ‘?mod?’, now they are all but dead, we gave up posting on them a while ago.

1 Like

Odd folk on AI, every post seems to be ‘reported’, I got fed up with the ‘negativity’ there!

1 Like

Yes, noticed that Bill. A strange place🤐

1 Like

There is a feature in the forum’s software that results in every post being automatically reported if the OP for that thread is itself reported. I don’t know if the new SmartExpat version has the same feature because I’ve not used it. I would be surprised if AI is still going in addition to SE as my bookmark to AI now takes me to SE.

3 Likes

Odd feature Dom’, odd people :wink:

1 Like

I came across other forums in the months before I moved here searching for and researching information…I never joined any of them…it’s only recently I decided to join SF…I’ve recently been searching (again)” France tax and social charges”…all my searches come up with SF discussions…x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ask away Helen, sure if Babeth can help, when time permits, She will try, she is an accountant :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We use on Facebook

1. Aquitaine Chit Chat

2. English Services Aquitaine

3.Aquitaine Vide Maison

Guess where we live? :sunglasses: Also subscribe to Abbott Freestyle Libre for glucose monitoring without blood (!) & Type1LCUK for my diabetes.

1 Like

Is Babeth your OH Bill ? Lovely name, why is it that French names seem to have a certain ’ je ne sais quoi’? Perhaps I should elucidate, for example, Florence, pronounced the French way seems so much prettier, Agnes, Carol, etc, and the French don’t cut short Christian names either…:no_mouth:

1 Like

She is Ann, Babeth is the diminutive of Elisabeth, Her daughter has a chum called Florence, She is known to Her friends as Flore’, I know quite a lot that are abbreviated, Seb’, Dom’, Ben … maybe more so in Brittany? :slightly_smiling_face: