What’s happening at Windsor?

Don’t’expand’ too much Kirstea, it could be dangerous…

1 Like

ever the one to exploit something for his own gain eh Peter?

That’s politics I suppose ?

The fact that I may have a relationship with a company that is on the top of the letters sent out on the behalf of people close to this situation precludes me from saying anything more unfortunately even if I wanted to, as I thought my use of the :zipper_mouth_face: emoji would indicate. :see_no_evil: Given I couldn’t even say the S word it would be impossible to be anything other than incredibly vague, don’t forget we are all identifiable on this site and I would like to continue being employed :rofl:

No idea about rumours about Will and Kate but I was hoping they would be able to restore my faith in the Royal Family.

1 Like

It’s a year of lockdowns @Peter_Bird. I am at least aware there’s been expansion and will endeavour to rectify it, although the amount of chocolate I have left from Easter still suggests there might still be some more expansion before any contraction…

1 Like

Cough, splutter.

Did he lockdown over Christmas?
His announcement for the “roadmap” out of lockdown just tied his hands to fixed dates whatever was happening (however much he claimed otherwise).
Did he handle the AZ side effects or the slow EU rollout in a statesman like manner? (did he balls).
Has he yet given full diplomatic status to the EU ambassador?
Has he stopped lying to parliament?
Has he admitted the Arcuri affair?
He put David flaming Frost in charge of EU relations!
There is evidence that the race relations report was watered down and rewritten by No 10.
Has he visited NI to understand the situation there?

Need I go on?

Which, as far as the vaccine roll-out is concerned is not due to Boris.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly John.

Yes but his popularity is rising when surely the opposite should be true if all you say is correct ?
Just saying like…

1st time I am going to mute a thread, it’s like watching vultures circling a still warm corpse.

1 Like

Every single point is a lie - according to Johnson. (therefore 100% true).

Did you miss sending schools back for 1 day and threatening schools with legal action if they failed to put the pupils extended families at risk of infection.

But @Peter_Bird makes a valid point that somehow he is doing very well in the polls - people clearly have very short memories. (and we haven’t even mentioned the disaster of Brexit)

Probably not the right time.

1 Like

You mean the Tories are doing better in the polls which is a subtly different thing.

All I said above is  correct.

There is a definite “vaccine bounce” in Johnson’s popularity, whether or not he is due the credit, plus the fact that Starmer is no longer benefiting from the “not Corbyn” factor and has failed to really ignite Labour or define its policies. There is also the perennial problem that the centre/left vote is split.

The biggest problem is that the media almost never seem to call the Tories out on the lies and corruption, the disaster that is Brexit or the overall terrible handling of Covid.

1 Like

Oh yes I get it. Hint at misdoings, rumours, nudge nudge wink wink and then say - of course my lips are sealed and I can’t say anything. Planting the seeds without actually saying anything and walking away. Best thing is to actually say nothing at all .

3 Likes

Definitely not.

1 Like

I get the distinct idea you’re not keen on what I said. It’s pretty subtle but I think it’s there. :joy:

I don’t really know why I’m not able so say, just as many did with Harry and Meghan, that they may not be quite what their public image portrays, without having to provide a blow by blow account complete with an evidence dossier and sworn statements. It was just a general thought, not something I thought much of in great detail, especially as the old man’s not even in the ground yet. Let’s give them all some time, even the ones we don’t like or may be terrible people. It’s good to see that Harry will be there, and a shame that Meghan couldn’t travel as it seems like it could have started to build bridges having them all together to say goodbye.

1 Like

Not the tories but Boris popularity.

I can’t stand Boris any more than most other remainers but when a leader who has lied, cheated and allowed so many lives to be lost through Covid etc etc still increases his popularity, what on earth does that say about the UK ?

Overall not much that is good.

Certainly not everyone thinks he is the answer to their prayers, but his “net approval” is in positive territory (7% - 45% approval vs 38% disapproval) and better than Starmer’s at present (5%).

All I can conclude is that 45% of the country are as big a set of tw*ts as he is, 38% are still sane and 17% are too stupid to form an opinion.

3 Likes

That people do not bother much to really investigate what is going on and probably rely on tabloids or social media for their daily fix of news.

1 Like

I googled (well - duckduckgo-ed) the rumours. The internet seems to be awash with their extra-marital affairs - including photos apparently. I didn’t look any further than the search results (not really very interested in celebrity affairs), so I have no view on their truth or otherwise.