Marine le Pen is the leader of the National Front, the Far Right party in France and came third in Frances's first round of presidential voting yesterday ( yes, this is France , they vote once to whittle the candidates down to the top two and then a second vote will be held in a few weeks time)
Born in 1968, she took over the National Front in 2011 from her Father, Jean Marie Le Pen. Married and twice divorced, she is the Mother of three children and is a lawyer by profession.
The National Front is a party that opposes immigration, particularly Muslim immigration from North Africa and the Middle East and in previous campaigns has proposed to send the three million non-Europeans out of France by "humane and dignified means."
It's a political party that has in the past, canvassed for historic revisionism, claiming that the Holocaust figures were greatly exaggerated as was the Nazi occupation of France. "The Nazi gas chambers were just a point of detail in the second world war" claimed Jean Marie Le Pen.
If his youngest daughter, Marine, became president ....
- The French Franc would be re-introduced and the euro binned
- Foreigners would never be allowed to vote or obtain nationality
- France would be a protected state "favouring secularism and prosperity"
- There would be total and utter opposition to free trade
- As a strong euro sceptic, France would leave the EU
- She would pull France out of NATO
- She would have nothing to do with the WTO, World Bank or the IMF
- She would end legal immigration and all illegal immigrants would be sent packing
- Any law breaking immigrants would be deported
- French people would be first - for jobs, welfare and accommodation
- The death penalty would be re-introduced