What's Your Favorite Summer Snack?

We used to have goûter when we got home from school… to fill the gap until tea-time… we went out into the garden and munched on whatever fruit/veg we fancied…I still enjoy raw runner beans…:wink:

1 Like

Goûter today was crudités and hummus plus cherries and raspberries from the garden :blush: lovely!

Hi Veronique, we have our main meal at mid day. It helps the digestion as one gets older.
We were supposed to go out to lunch today, but it was called off so I had to cook something quickly.
Pork stroganoff with griddled courgettes and the first raspberries from the garden.

2 Likes

melon, can’t get enough of it, I think we eat it everyday while it’s in season, obviously don’t eat it out of season :wink:

I make it with a hand whisk (not a fork), I actually enjoy doing it that way and it takes me only a couple of minutes. However, each to her/his own.

Nice, but even nicer with a pinch or two of cumin and use the water that you cooked your chickpeas in, instead of ordinary water. :yum:

Can you do this please James?

Obv you use that water if you cooked them, tsss, the cumin goes on to make a pattern on top which you stir in, eventually; that’s what my neighbour in Damascus told me. If you use a whisk to make mayonnaise you antiquated person I hope it is a fouet pour oeuf and not a balloon whisk because that’s just masochism :wink::wink: (I made it with a fork in a soup plate as a tiny child and continued to do so for YEARS until I discovered the wonder that is the STICK MIXER, frabjous day that was I can tell you).
Actually in hindsight perhaps it was a cunning ploy to keep a fairly ghastly small child busy and out of harm’s way and being of some use…

1 Like

I used to cook for a living Vero. Now, I only do it for special events. Yes, I use a balloon whisk to make mayonnaise, and yes, it only takes me a maximum of two minutes. I always have done. Be careful of putting raw cumin into things, I always cook it a little. I have a stick mixer, but I hate washing it. :wink: In fact I am inundated with chef’s toys - my latest ones are a sous vide machine and a dehydrator.

I am absolutely certain that you were never ghastly.

1 Like