When one of us 'goes'

(Doreen Bailey) #1

A subject that has to be talked about as one gets nearer to one's God. I live almost opposite a cemetary but as I'm not a catholic, can I and/or OH be buried there ? If not are there cemeteries in France for protestants ?

Our nearest crematorium is an hour away but, not wishing to tempt providence, if OH should go before me then I would like to be able to visit his grave daily as my neighbours do who have their hubbies buried in our village graveyard.

And costs - what are the costs likely to be for a burial place ?

I'm so sorry if my questions touch a raw nerve for some of you.....

(Peter Bird) #2

Bet the 'teak' was a bit tough ?

(Brian Milne) #3

Grilling teak eh? Shirley, watch your teeth on that, I prefer a slab off softwood myself ;-)

(Brian Milne) #4

After me...

(Peter Bird) #5

yep Mike, Leslie was a tidy bit of brisket !

(Mike Kearney) #6

Gene who? When I first saw "American in Paris" I only had eyes for Leslie Caron!
Completely wasted on those stupid men. I would have looked after her........

(Peter Bird) #7

Couldn' see anything in Miss Shrimpton personally - trés ordinaire and not at all sexy - good job we are all different !

(Brian Milne) #8

Ah yes, the younger brother I think, the one who allegedly taught him to dance. He also instructed John Travolta for Saturday Night Fever I believe and died about 15 years ago after a career as a director or producer. Gene Kelly was originally an economist I think, food for thought or...

(David GAY) #9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD8zefVtV80

Gene and his brother Fred. Now did you know he had a brother? As for Doris I always think of the old remark "I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin."

(Barbara Deane) #10

well if had to choose who looked lke I would not choose Dors Day....liked her

very much but would prefer to look like Jean Shrimpton.

Alvin Stardust died.

(Peter Bird) #11

Can't think of many more prettier ladies than DD.

Didn't mind Gene Kelly but much prefer watching Donald O'Connor, now there's a dancer !, makes Kelly look like Arthur Mullard...

(Brian Milne) #12

Not wrong Peter. I have dozens of musicals and I reckon Calamity Jane is up there nearly as high as my Gene Kellys. Apart from that, I fancied her terribly. She is still around although she hasn't made a film for 45 years or so.

(Peter Bird) #13

"When I was just a litttle girl, I asked my mummy what will be ?

She said "Son, you will have to have the operation....."

Doris Day - WOW !!!

(Brian Milne) #14

Cheeky!

(Peter Bird) #15

"Move over darling................"

(Brian Milne) #16

Ohhhh! The Deadwood stage is a-rollin' on over the plains,
With the curtains flappin' and the driver slappin' the reins.
Beautiful sky! A wonderful day!
Whip crack-away!, Whip crack-away!, Whip crack-away! (Can't remember the rest)

(Peter Bird) #17

I would think music from 'Calamity Jane' would be more appropriate for you Shirley !

(Peter Bird) #18

2.5 seconds is being rather optimistic Shirley !

(John Alcock) #19

My wife would have a different opinion on the 21/2 min she says i have been brain dead for years

(Mike Kearney) #20

They told us in lifesaving classes that the brain can survive 3 minutes without oxygen before cells begin to die. Maybe you only went for 2½.