Where are you posting from in France?

Hi Graham - but only works one way - must supply your name - you can omit to provide a nom de plume but not the other way round

Sorry have I followed the wrong aspect? Ithought you were referring to the location post…

No problem - you have a valid point - just think that as you can never please all the people all the time so to offer the choice to display or not should only upset the ones that want to be upset

We used to have a members location opt in map. I’ve been considering reinstating it recently, it was interesting to see where everyone is or was anyway.

7 Likes

I always thought the members map was a good idea

2 Likes

You can now add your location to the user map in your profile (beta)

Then click on users in the hamberger menu to see the map.

https://www.survivefrance.com/u/user-map?period=location

1 Like

You’re close to an old mate of mine in Saugnac, he’s a gardener, small world.

1 Like

I’m actually looking for someone to do my garden!

Translation please for tech numpty…

go to Preferences/profile/map location

I thought it would come up with a map…I just put the postcode in

1 Like

Seems to have worked though, there’s now 2 of us!

1 Like

Make that 3 :wink:

4 and counting…

I somehow blundered successfully…

1 Like

“You’ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 44 seconds before trying again.”

Can I just say the UI sucks bigly if you make a mistake.

1 Like

Took me ages for it to work but I got there in the end, courage !

1 Like

It’s the interactive lookup from postcode that is the problem, combined with the fact that I’m at work and this keyboard is a bit “icky” and needs quite a lot of pressure for some of the keys - so when I tried to type 56000 (for “close enough”) I got 5000 and a world of pain.

It should not be that hard to type 5 numerals into a text box.

2 Likes

The drop down list that appeared after entering my postcode wasn’t navigable on my iPad, though this might be down to Safari blocking pop-ups.

1 Like

I got there in the end but it took a large number of tries…

1 Like