Where is the command centre under the Al-Shifa Hospital now?

strong textIMO everything the IDF says is a lie. They don’t even bother to fabricate evidence to support their lies anymore. They have made a fool out of Biden.

3 Likes

This presents one explanation

What a silly question (err yes of course is the answer) but at least it is being asked, as we don’t seem to be allowed to criticise Bibi and his crew, who are no better than Hamas.

1 Like

Not stupid to raise the issue into mainstream press

_ Compared to previous Israeli assaults on Gaza, the current war — which Israel has named “Operation Iron Swords,” and which began in the wake of the Hamas-led assault on southern Israel on October 7 — has seen the army significantly expand its bombing of targets that are not distinctly military in nature. These include private residences as well as public buildings, infrastructure, and high-rise blocks, which sources say the army defines as “power targets” (“matarot otzem ”)._

The bombing of power targets, according to intelligence sources who had first-hand experience with its application in Gaza in the past, is mainly intended to harm Palestinian civil society: to “create a shock” that, among other things, will reverberate powerfully and “lead civilians to put pressure on Hamas,” as one source put it.

According to the investigation, another reason for the large number of targets, and the extensive harm to civilian life in Gaza, is the widespread use of a system called “Habsora” (“The Gospel”), which is largely built on artificial intelligence and can “generate” targets almost automatically at a rate that far exceeds what was previously possible. This AI system, as described by a former intelligence officer, essentially facilitates a “mass assassination factory.”

“Nothing happens by accident,” said another source. “When a 3-year-old girl is killed in a home in Gaza, it’s because someone in the army decided it wasn’t a big deal for her to be killed — that it was a price worth paying in order to hit [another] target. We are not Hamas. These are not random rockets. Everything is intentional. We know exactly how much collateral damage there is in every home.”

Whether or not this investigative report is accurate, the results on the ground remain the same. Israel is making Gaza uninhabitable.

No, quite. In certain Arab countries’ own media the Israeli government is called “the reigning terrorist crew”.

Also referred to as “the occupiers”. No doubt in hope that it will be temporary. Perhaps, as Ukraine is now feeling about Russia in their land.

Most unfortunately, Hamas provided Isreal with cause to drastically speed up a plan of demolition that was already in place

Israel’s home demolitions a ‘war on nerves’ for Palestinians | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera

“What is happening is purely political – it is a policy of collective punishment and pressure, to forcibly displace Palestinian Jerusalemites and intensify Judaization of the city,”

Hamas who have been boosted and encouraged and supported by Israel in order to weaken the Palestinian Authority and ensure a two state solution is out of the question. That’s master-level cynicism.

2 Likes

I agree 100%. Plus, they are making Biden look a fool, which IMHO is a pretty accurate portrayal. I also very disappointed with Germany and Austria’s stance.

Well Germany has to be careful given the history. They can’t win either way really.

And much though I love the place, history kinda lumps the Austrians in as quasi-Germans.

To misquote Oscar Wilde “To be on the wrong side of history regarding one genocide may be regarded as a misfortune; to be on the wrong side of two looks like carelessness.”

My late MIL was Austrian :thinking:

All the above reported by the Isralie human rights organisation B’Tselem. Very brave and principled people.

https://www.btselem.org/

2 Likes

That’s why the Israelis are murdering journalists!

1 Like

Are we allowed to call Zionists colonising racial supremacist barbarians yet? Evidentially we seem to be there.

Based on what I have learned and observed over the last two months David, it seems a pretty accurate description to me.

I’m glad to see a move to stop the standard Israel slur of antisemitism against anyone having the courage to call out the rogue state for what it is.

"It is beyond dispute that Israel is committed to policies designed to entrench the domination of one people over another in the territories of Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Attempts to deny this, or smear those who allege it, are an attempt to defy truth and reality,”