Where to buy an oak staircase, balustrade and flooring near Aude

Hi Folks,

Finally tooke possession of our house in Aude (only took 8 months to complete the purchase!!) and now we are into the renovations.

I need to replace a dangerous staircase (quarter turn) and instal new flooring and a balustrade on a mezzanine. I would like to do it in oak but am struggling to find suppliers of either the balustrade or staircase. I have somebody lined up to install it but can anybody recommend a timber merchant that either sells oak stairs and balustrades or will make one for a reasonable price? The photo shows the style I am looking for. Thanks.

Sula

DIY shops or a menuisier ébéniste, look in the yellow pages or ask eg the notaire who handled the sale for a recommendation, assuming you don't yet know anybody else. You need to narrow it down a bit as well, Aude is a whole département and there might be a fantastic timber merchant who won't supply you because too far away or whatever.

Hi,

Thanks. I am closest to Couiza.

There's one in Couiza called Nicolas Bifante, (I know nothing about him, I live a couple of hundred km away). Why don't you go and see him? If you don't like him the pages jaunes tell me there are another 350 menuisiers ébénistes in Aude.

Thanks

I have searched all the DIY stores any nobody seems to supply oak, only beech. It will need to be a smaller merchant I think.

www.menuiserie-brenin-limoux.fr

Escaliers Bois SARL, Le Goutal, 11290 Lavalette

I still think you should ring the one closest to you first, it'll at least give you an idea.

Thanks. I will try going round there once I am back out (I am in the UK just now) but my French probably isn't good enough for a phone conversation just yet.