Where to buy postage Stamps

I never do, but I am very grateful to people like you who save us having to! You deserve a special commendation from SF.

We used the La Poste site to print postage stamps for a couple of gifts to UK. Worked ok- I even got to choose a design. My fear is that, when this madness is over, the online service will become the norm and we will see our little La Poste office closed!

Our local PO is already a community ā€œagenceā€, and only open part-time, which is a pain when you do get a registered letter to pick up, and are not free to visit (e.g. due to working hours) when it is actually open.

You simply sign the docket, authorising someone else to collect and they can do so, provided they show the docket and their identificationā€¦

Itā€™s not at all difficult to arrangeā€¦

We have given a friend a permanent prorogation, which works so well as if we are not at home the postie knows to drop the ticket off at her house which is further along his route than our house.

I dont have a clue what I am doing wrong on la poste site.
I go through the motions of setting up my order and follow all the prompts to print off my purchase. I then fill in my info for the invoice and press go. A message comes up to tell me that it is connecting me to the final hurdle and I wait and wait and wait but it never connects, is it me?

have you put money into the account ready to pay for the stampsā€¦??

Yes Stella, 30 euros and had an email to confirm receipt which I did on Monday

1 Like

For any other idiots like me
When setting up an online la poste account you must enter your primary address in the coordinates section.
Now that I have done this voila!
My stamp is now printed and when I next venture out to the supermarket I will post it.
The downside is that now I dont have to visit our micro La Poste that is supported by our commune in the village which I always use.
I think when the current situation eases I will return to old habits.

1 Like

well done John

Incidentallyā€¦ our micro post office is closed due to current situationā€¦ that may change in the near future and we shall all breathe a sigh of reliefā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Stella,
Yes our micro is closed too.
La poste was open in our nearest town last week when I did our Lidl shop but the queue outside la poste was enormous, I think thatā€™s what prompted me to crack La Poste on line :grin:

1 Like