Where to stay en route? Driving from L&G to Trujillo Spain

I’d welcome suggestions please.

In May we are driving down to meet friends in Trujillo Spain and we want a leisurely journey down stopping maybe a couple of nights on the way. We’ll be heading down to Mont de Marsan, San Sebastian and then straight down the E80. We’ll have our mutt with us.

Any thoughts please on nice places to stay that don’t take us too far off the route? Thanks.

Saint Jean de Luz?

2 Likes

Burgos is very nice.

1 Like

Thanks for the thought Graham. As SJdL is on our “doorstep” so to speak and we know it, I was thinking somewhere further away. :slight_smile:

Thanks Rachman. We did wonder. I’ll explore more about it

1 Like

who knew…

Well “doorstep” is a bit of an exaggeration. :slight_smile: But we are on the westish side of Lot et Garonne and therefore tend to think anything 2-3 hours away is in easy reach for a day out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Valladolid? Salamanca?

3 Likes

Thanks Vero. They both look lovely places to stay. Certainly we will visit Salamanca. We are now spoilt for choice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely Salamanca for one of the stops. Fabulous city.

1 Like

I love saying Bayadolith ( or something like that :smiley:) but if you are a history fan or particularly of C.S Forester (The Gun) you are definitely in the right area. One of the first books I read for the pure joy of reading. :smiley:

1 Like

12 months I wait for a response to my gem, and you come along and cancel your post. :rage: :wink:

2 Likes

Sometimes I’m spaced out haha, I thought the post was for Feb 2024 but it turns out it’s for 2023, so I just deleted it, I felt embarrassed sorry haha.

ha ha ha - 3 ha has because this site doesn’t like ultra-short posts. :wink: :smiley: