Which Hotel? Where to stay inland from Cherbourg?

What’s you favourite place to stay? We’re making an overnight delivery trip and our hotel of choice has closed it’s restaurant, so we’re hunting for a replacement within 1 hour of Cherbourg . Spec is Dinner B & B, around 3*. Friendly with good honest food - Michelin stars not needed! If we can help one get back on it’s feet post-Covid, even better.

In case you don’t find a replacement hotel… you might like to stick with the one of your choice and simply “eat-out”… unless your hotel is miles from anything, of course…
We’re happy to do a 5-10 minute stroll to a resto…

1 Like

Well La Marine at Barneville cartert just by the port, However not cheap but very cheerful and may have a Michelin star… Half an hr from Cherbourg or less.

I’ve stayed in the hotel “Les Fruitiers” in Villedieu des poeles a couple of times, I’d recommend it.

Thank you and I agree and it would be perfect, yet sadly too far to travel as Google quote up to 1h 45min from Cherbourg.

I always stay at ETAP Now IBIS Economy never had a bad stop over yet. Excellent breakfast and always sited near many varied eateries

Thanks everyone. I forgot I would be affected by the national holiday season and many hotels were fully booked. However, have found and booked one - a seaside 3* getaway at a Logis in BARNEVILLE CARTERET. Having been there before La Marine would have been nice yet it would have blown the budget!