Who’s been hooked by Wordle? Feel free to join in!

Wordle 215 3/6

:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

I was lucky🙂

2 Likes

Wordle 216 3/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

Luck

1 Like

Today seemed much more straightforward than yesterday.

Wordle 217 2/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square:
On a roll

2 Likes

Yes! Good one…. I was slowed down by the number of words ending in the same letters, but got there
Wordle 217 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Made the wrong choice at 3! Looks like you did the same at 5 @JaneJones :grin:

Wordle 217 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

I LOVE the daily Wordle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Yesterday was spot on for the UK PM. Today I managed to get every correct letter in place and then completely stupidly put an “H” at the end :confounded:
At the point now where I not only MUST find the word each day, but must find it by the fourth line. :joy:
Clearly, too much time on my hands :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Oh, I quite like the frisson of only having one line left….

1 Like

3/6, 3/6, 2/6.

Are you going for 1/6 tomorrow? :grin:

It is SO random, isn’t it, at least at first - presumably just in the nature of things lots of people must get it first go, accidentally, every day.

1 Like

And then you feel you’ve got it cracked; and have a fail day :cry:

1 Like

Four this morning (again!)
Wordle 218 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Bugger, only in 5 today (first time, always been in 3 or 4). Two options for 4, picked the wrong one. Just wondering, is there a list of previous words somewhere?, or maybe there have been some devious repeats

5 yesterday, 3 today.

Yup, a 4 day:

Wordle 218 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

With over 150,0005 letter words in English I don’t think they’ll need to repeat for a while :grinning:

1 Like

Wordle 218 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Luck came before a fall…

1 Like

OH was wondering yesterday how the guy who did this wrote his programme. He obviously didn’t enter all 150,000 words! Link to one of the US dictionaries maybe? Anyone know?

Its dictionary is visible in the source code, and has 2315 words it uses for the hidden clue (no plurals), and a list of a further 10657 words that are accepted as guesses.

Josh Wardle created the initial 12k list and they were trimmed down to the final 2k by checking with Josh Wardle’s partner which of the words she knew (since the game was original made for her).

1 Like

Are you saying he put them in from scratch???

I think he extracted them from a data base but I am not sure which one, either a dictionary or a crossword dictionary, I will have a look.