Why are threads appearing as recent when last post is old?

Oh dear @AngelaR ! Maybe @graham can figure it out for you.

In the meantime, enjoy the walk down memory lane :wink:

1 Like

check Preferences on your account…
Go to Notifications and check what is set there matches your expectations…

Another thing to check is your browser cache…

1 Like

Preferences look fine to me! Why would a thread be marked as 19h old when the last post was Feb 2020? It’s not at all a problem - I’m just puzzled…

try resetting the “Consider topics…” flag to something else then “Save Changes” then go back and reset it to what you want and “Save Changes” again.

Another couple of setting to check…

and Categories -

FWIW I had that same thread appear yesterday - scroll to the end, but there’s nothing recent.

With older threads I’ve also noticed that the conversation is not in order, but that’s a different issue.

1 Like

Thank goodness it’s not just me, @Ancient_Mariner :relieved: It was really puzzling me - I did wonder whether, because the last post was made by someone with an “Anon”-type username, it had re-emerged as a result of an admin person renaming the user?

1 Like

I also had the same threads as mentioned, so something is amiss as my settings are on my main computer and have never before seen these necro threads. Here is another thread Best Places to Look for a Rental Property? - #50 by Karen_Thomas

Yes, the last post was by ‘anon…’. seen on a computer, not phone (as I’m using now).

@james indexing issue?

Thank you so much for that @digitracker - especially for quoting that particular thread since I think that’s the one I saw with the last post of 2014 :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not seeing that topic because I have it muted (no idea why I muted it in the first place or when).

It might be because I reported two topics as spam and the posts have been deleted by admin, IIRC it was posts about rentals from 2014.

3 Likes

Same happened to me yesterday.

That would make a certain amount of sense @Griffin36 !

1 Like

I went and had a look and the spam post have gone leaving the Oct 2014 post as the last entry.

2 Likes

So there actually was a genuine recent post but it has now been removed?

Yes there has.

1 Like

Sounds like the explanantion then! A post was made 19hours ago, hence the appearance in the “latest” list, but it was an iffy post so was deleted! Thank you very much for the explanation @Griffin36 - I wasn’t going mad after all…

4 Likes

No it’s not just you. :slight_smile: Happening to me too. Scrolled through to the end of a seemingly “new” topic to find last reply was 2014!
My thought was - someone has edited an old post for some reason - or added a “like” or something. And then decided to take no more notice. But, like you, glad it’s not just me. And glad you asked. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Griffin36 for your solution to the above thread.

2 Likes