Why don’t Palestinian people denounce Hamas?

I’ve wondered why all the Palestianian people who have been able to leave their country and go to another country do not denounce Hamas? They are free to openly protest in many big cities around the world and ONLY focus on denouncing Israel.
Why do they not say what Hamas does is bad? Hamas is not protecting them. Hamas never negotiates for peace.
Instead, they take the repetitive position of “free palestine” from the Israelis with no mention of how Hamas has failed their own people repeatedly.

1 Like

Hello Anne, and welcome to Survive France.

Could it be that many ‘Palestinian people’ are often prevented from leaving their territories and have no-one else to speak for then?

5 Likes

Welcome, @Anne24.

Yours is a very broad question. Palestinian people where? The ones in Palestine, under threat of extinction? Those relatively safe in the EU/UK?

What’s your theory?

1 Like

Crikey that’s an interesting topic for your first post.

1 Like

Maybe its because Hamas are the ones with the guns

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone who has responded so far is actually reading the question.
Palestinians who are free and living in another country and protesting in the streets never carry banners that say “stop Hamas” “ceasefire” or “war is bad for everybody” (or words to that effect).
Instead they are just trying to garner sympathy which works when you se how many civilians get killed or injured, but then they want evrybody to hate Israel. No mention is ever made of the FACT that Hamas started this latest conflict when they massacred 250 ppl at a music festival! The outrage is real on both sides.

But again, I don’t see anyone in this forum answering the question.

2 Likes

nah, mate. This forum has a lot of political topics. I’ve read many of them. I decided to ask a very simple question to hear people’s opinions.

Because Hamas is bad for Palestinians but the Netanyahu administration is worse. It encouraged Hamas after all.

6 Likes

But if Hamas is bad for Palestinians, and Palestinian people have the freedom to say so, they choose not to. It’s very odd to me. If a woman gets raped by a man does she blame it on something else except the perpetrator?

Again, if Palestinians are free to walk the streets anywhere in the world they live (except maybe Paris) why don’t they upgrade their narrative to include their very own perpetrator.

1 Like

Have you been anywhere with a regime like that? It’s unwise to criticise, you often end up dead.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about people stuck in Gaza. I’m talking of those who are literally free to demonstrate and protest in cities around the world.
Are they afraid Hamas will come after them and kill them? Fly all the way to France, UK, USA, etc. just to kill their own ppl? Doesn’t make sense.

Yes Anne, that’s puzzled me in the past too, but I now know why. It’s because Israel won’t denounce the “setters” that are murdering Palestinians in the West Bank.

It’s a case of we’ll denounce our murderers if you’ll denounce yours.

5 Likes

The root cause of the problem is that Israel has denied a Palestinian state and locked up 2M people in a concentration camp for 16 years. It was always going to blow up. Israel and the whole of the West swept the awkward truth of the Palestinian people under the carpet and thought “normalisation” of relations between Israel and the Arab states, notably Saudi would fix everything.

Big mistake.

9 Likes

John,
I know the history as well as you do. But that is not what I was asking about.

When oppressed people are given freedom, they choose to say what? The same thing they’ve been saying for 48 years?

I watched a female Palestinian University Professor in the USA the other day. She did not want to say anything bad about Hamas but instead repeated the ongoing narrative of Israel is the bad guy. To me, that’s not really helping their cause. They need to move forward, bridge the gaps, go for Peace at the very least instead of this constant finger pointing. Where does the constant finger pointing get anyone? Does it help solve an international crisis? No. It foments it.

2 Likes

I’ve seen all this before Anne at much closer range in Northern Ireland. Logic and sense fly out the window when we humans become tribal. You and I may have no problem denouncing atrocities committed by any side of a conflict, but for those involved it’s a different matter.

I watched a Hamas leader on CH4 news this evening denouncing the explosion in the hospital (the origins of which are still debatable) but refusing to denounce the horror of Oct 7th. Then we had the Israeli Ambassador to the UK who was, frankly, as offensive but in a different way.

Just as in NI both sides needed their heads banged together and a plan for peace devised and implemented. We, the EU, but mostly the US are to blame for that but that’s still what needs to be done or this bloodshed will go on forever.

8 Likes

The question somewhat answers itself.

That it is asked exemplifies how many elsewhere have absolutely no understanding of the tragedy that befell and has been endured in what was once a peaceful Palestine. People do have a lot to say about lives they have not lived. Often without empathy.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… until you climb in his skin and walk around in it.
Atticus

1 Like

The answer is very simple, despite the suffering in Gaza Hamas has the support of many Palestinians even those living outside of the country. They see Israel as the common enemy so are unlikely to protest against the organisation.

2 Likes

People have families in still there.

1 Like

Answering your question Anne, the reason is plain fear and to an extent an inbred ideology.

It is all well and good to say there are many ‘free’ Palestinians, but Hamas has broad reach. Do not think they are a band of weirdos wrapping tea towels around their heads and running around the countryside on motor bikes striking fear into local situations. They have a well oiled and funded base with a big reach.

I know two in London who would dearly like the whole thing to go away, and whilst they are professionals with good jobs, are unwilling to voice opinions even to their friends.

I agree with you and have said so in another thread - if they all, to a man/woman - denounced Hamas, it would help, but many are making a lot of money out of this, so sadly, not possible.

2 Likes

Maybe your title needs amending to “Why don’t Palestinian emigrants denounce Hamas”

1 Like