I have already tried to explain why I voted for Brexit. I will attempt to do so yet again. I do not believe that we can have an homogenous society, I do not believe that one shoe fits all. I believe we all have different cultures and whilst those cultures can rub alongside each other I do not think that they can ever go into a mixing pot and mix. I believe that whilst the UK is verging on the err of democracy, the EU has no democracy.
The EU is an unelected 3 tier dictatorship on the soviet model, I cannot vote out people like Juncker or Truss and have to just be dragged along by the minions. Generally, the majority in Europe is ignored. I can at least vote for change in the UK.
The way that the EU squanders money is unbelievable, for example moving every week to Strasbourg at enormous expense, spending millions on Spanish, Polish and Portuguese roads whilst in the UK we are left with pot holes! The Common Agriculture Policy, where people are given millions for just having land has never been addressed and compensation doled out to French farmers borders on the ridiculous.
Countries such as Spain and Greece who have massive unemployment are tied to the euro, whereas if they had their own currency, they would be able to devalue, and hopefully encourage investment and jobs for particularly the younger generations. As it is they are really hog tied.
Many remainers have said that I was foolish to say that we would be dragged into the euro and lose the pound, but I think that is most certainly on the cards…back to the homogenous society…all be the same, so must have the same currency! Likewise Clegg and his ilk said that there would be no European army, yet this is now openly being discussed.
Our country trades with 7% of the world (the EU) and the EU does not allow us to trade independently with the other 93%. I used to wonder why ‘Fair Trade’ produce was so expensive…then I discovered it is because of the tariffs the EU insists upon…much better not to have tariffs and truly aid the poorer countries…just a small thing but indicative of the only interest the EU and their cohorts have is the EU!
To give away our Common Law safeguards and live under a Police State with Brussels deciding who can live in our country - To lose control over how many we have to support in perpetuity - is an abomination.
Furthermore, it is in my opinion, unsustainable to have a few richer countries supporting the poorer countries…the well will eventually dry up.
Overall the EU is full of corruption and we are unable, as taxpayers, to do anything about it. We have an unaccountable and unelected Commission directing us in everything we do and every part of our lives and whether we agree or not does not make a whit of difference.
This quite brief, but I assure you, I researched all over the net, various green papers and newspapers, before I made the decision to vote out. I think as a nation we will survive much better without the dogged EU. Finally if you actually read between the lines the only real winner in the EU Germany…the rest get the hand outs!!!.
BTW I am no longer commenting on Survive France re this subject as I find that generally, they are rude, bigoted and unwilling to listen or do their own research!