Why taking out holiday insurance is a good idea!

Having just read of this family’s nightmare while on holiday it’s a good thing they had insurance cover.
I have always taken out insurance cover when travelling out of Europe, the peace of mind far outweighs any costs!
Do others use insurance or take a chance ?

1 Like

Phew… for a minute, I thought the family did NOT have Insurance… thank goodness they DID !!!

A good lesson to all… you just never know… :open_mouth:

I always used insurance that included (if I was too ill to travel back home) payment for a close family member to visit me, air fares, hotel costs etc. Also included once (hopefully) I could travel, was full repatriation.
Thankfully I never had to use the insurance but it did give me peace of mind :relaxed:

We have looked into having holiday insurance but as I am over 70 and am asthmatic the cost was prohibitive.
All they were unterested in was how many drugs was I taking, not have I ever been admitted to hospital or anything really relevant.
I cannot get Jim to go on holiday at all, never mind long distance.

We always take out Holiday insurance…the ampunt that could go amiss is boggling these days

Ask Jim if he would do a house swap with someone else in France for a week or two :smiley: